Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie needs help (part II)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 03:18 AM
paralizer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs help (part II)

Okay I could use some help again. Here is what I have so far:
Boxster S
PASM
PCM
Sport Chrono Plus
Sport Seats
Full Leather (Black/Grey)
Park Assist
Sport Wheel
Bi-Xenon
Bose Surround
And here is where I'm stuck. I had planned on going with Atlas Grey, I really like metallic colors. However I did see the two tone leather on a black "S"today, and it looked very good. But...trying to keep black looking good long term is a challenge. So can I get some help from all of you. Thanks.
Paralizer
PS I need to retract my earlier comment about Rector Porsche. After sending them a rather scathing letter, I got quite the response back. Included in the apology was a rather nice offer. They are selling to me at $5k off. Nice apology.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Atlas Grey is "almost" black, so the two tone should still look good with it. However, Atlas Grey is definitely not the deep dark Darth Vader black. That's good and bad news. To me, nothing beats the deep gorgeous menace of a black car. I love it. Unfortunately, nothing also disappoints as much as the drastic change in allure with a little bit of dirt on the paint, nor the painfully obvious swirls that occur almost immediately unless painstaking care is used in detailing the car. Basalt Black, the metallic counterpart, does not have as much impact as pure black but has all the disadvantages.

Someday, when I buy a Porsche that will do nothing but go out and look nice everyother weekend, and get detailed every alternate weekend, it WILL be an all black Porsche.

You should see Atlas Grey in person. Until then, this is what I got, my Atlas Grey Ghost:
Old 06-26-2005, 08:54 PM
paralizer
Instructor

KCRPCA it was your pics in your earlier post that made me go in search of seeing the two tone interior. It is very nice. I thought I had resolved my conflict in favor of the Atlas Grey exterior, but I saw a 987S in black go by today. I does look so nice. (I think this one was freshly washed.) Now I'm stuck again. I've got two days to resolve this. I'm scheduled to go back to where I'm buying in 2 days to formally place my order. There are worse problems to face though.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:02 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

basalt is a great color too, recently picked up a c.s. in that color & love it... other p-car (993) is black btw. basalt is a black but has a pearl to it, so it does not show as much dust... really looks unique in the sun too.

bol w/ the new order & congrats.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:44 PM
designman
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Atlas Gray actually looks like it has a tint of blue. Does it? Could be the shots. The two-tone is cool. Would like to see it in more color combos.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Renquist
Intermediate

Seal Gray is the colour to go for.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:57 AM
paralizer
Instructor

Default And the winner is...

Atlas Grey. However I'm just going with the black leather interior. I order tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:25 PM
paralizer
Instructor

I went with black for easier upkeep. I liked the two-tone, but I'm concerned about keeping that lighter color carpet clean long term. Black interior hides a multitude of sins, and dirt. See my new thread for the final part of this story.
Paralizer
Old 06-29-2005, 07:33 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

I saw two in the past two days. One yellow and one red. The yellow was nice but I don't think I am ready fro a yellow car now. The license plate read mybox.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:34 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

I think as an Asian male i should get a yellow car someday.

Quick Reply: Newbie needs help (part II)