Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Source for Third Radiator Kit for 987 CS

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2024, 06:03 PM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Source for Third Radiator Kit for 987 CS

I am looking to buy third radiator kit for 06 CS. Pelican Parts has everything except the M14 fasteners. What other sources are available?
Thanks
Old 05-29-2024, 07:40 PM
Zirconocene
Rennlist Member

Received 734 Likes on 517 Posts

Have you looked at belmetric.com? Separately, I've also had great luck with McMaster-Carr.

These presuppose that you know what lengths you need, but you can usually get that from PET.

Cheers
Old 05-30-2024, 03:59 AM
harveyf
Rennlist Member

Received 449 Likes on 321 Posts

Personally, I would buy the OEM parts, in Porsche bags. This is not something you want failing in the middle of a spirited track session. I don't know if Pelican substitutes any of the items with aftermarket. Might be worth asking. I always go to Getporschesilverspingparts for a price comparison of OEM parts.
Old 05-30-2024, 07:25 AM
ekam
Drifting

Received 507 Likes on 324 Posts

I got mine from Rennline.

https://www.rennline.com/987-third-r...--sku-r-21087/
Old 05-30-2024, 08:41 AM
jesseellington
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Suncoast Porsche has well priced kits, all Porsche parts.
Old 05-30-2024, 11:44 AM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Thank you all. I am in buy Porsche parts camp.
I am going to try to tackle the job before our July’s event, so my next post will likely asking how to get this …. removed/installed.
Old 05-30-2024, 11:58 AM
harveyf
Rennlist Member

One thing I will mention is that getting the "bumper cover" off was difficult for me as a first for me job. The Porsche shop manual does a fairly good job of supplying pictures of where the various fasteners reside. There are two clips, kind of like flat womens hair clips, that hold the narrow joint at the inside of each headlight together. They should pull right out, towards the middle of the car. One of mine did. The other one broke. I had to remove a headlight to see what I was dealing with and get the clip out. You need to get the bumper cover off and onto a bench so you can cut out the air vent openings, which dump air from the back side of the radiator. Someone reading this may have a diagram but I understand you are basically copying the cutouts on a PDK car.
The following users liked this post:
dxrohanx (05-31-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 12:36 PM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Any link on how to cut the vent opening would be appreciated since I have not found anything.
I wonder once I get the bumper cover off, what needs to be trimmed will become apparent.
Also, is there a vent for burping the coolant line? I know you have to raise the back, but hear the hardest part is purging air from the system and may have to raise the car at different angles.
Old 05-31-2024, 05:31 AM
harveyf
Rennlist Member

For a diagram of the cutouts, check this thread over at Plant-9:

https://www.planet-9.com/threads/thi...penning.72396/

These rectangular openings are the only cutting that I did on mine. Again, you are attempting to match what the factory did on a PDK car, if you have one available for reference.

There is plenty of discussion on the forums but in conclusion, the only correct way to refill the coolant is to use a vacuum aided fill device. Just like on an AC system, you pull the empty coolant system down to a full vacuum, then the device lets the system fill back up with new coolant. Not a bad time to evaluate all the accessible coolant hoses and maybe replace them as a precaution. I'm thinking the ones back at the engine.
Old 05-31-2024, 10:51 AM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Thanks Harvey. I did all the while you’re in there stuff including coolant hoses with the engine rebuilt.
harveyf (06-01-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 08:48 PM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

I ordered and received the radiator from the Suncoast. The biggest hassle so far has been tightening the Ferring and re-bleeding the Quickjack since one side did not go up properly due to fluid leak. It got scary for a minute.
The bumper cover is off and I cleaned the two side radiators. There was a lot of dirt hiding in them.
The car is in the garage, so I couldn’t wash them out with a hose. I think I may do that after I install the radiator and drive it out before putting the bumper cover back on.
I took the center block off the cover and will cut the air exit holes tonight. I plan to instal screen on the cover if I find what I need. Otherwise, I order Rennline screens.
harveyf (06-09-2024)

Quick Reply: Source for Third Radiator Kit for 987 CS