Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Response

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2024, 12:10 AM
MrMoose
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 263 Posts

I'm going from memory here, but I think you're supposed to pull *out* the smaller tab first, and then push *in* the larger tab. I learned this after I did it the first time by squeezing it with vise grips, lol. That worked too but assuming my memory is working try the right way.
Old 06-06-2024, 11:33 AM
Schwinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 139 Posts

I took of the pedal as well, so I could look more clearly at the connector. It took a while, but I did remove it without breaking it. I tried to be extra patient, so I guess it paid off!
Old 06-10-2024, 09:28 AM
NCcayman08
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Julian_KCMO
Here it is, I appear to have had it since July 2022.
the ad has a listing of compatible vehicles as well.
https://a.co/d/4fRip4m
No matter which one you get, when you install it the factory connector has a finicky sliding lock piece that you can't really see. I recommend you just unmount the gas pedal from the car its only a very simple one minute job so you can turn the pedal assembly over and see how the connector unlatches. I broke it on my Boxster (but that didn't stop it all from working properly), was much easier the second time in the Cayman
i just installed this last night (the XTROS version…$65 so still cheap, another newer option has bluetooth so i was tempted to allow me to adjust via my android head unit but i figure this is more likely set it and forget it mod unless im going autox or a track day….neither ive gotten to yet. So I stuck with the lower model which has about 5 modes with 9 settings for 3 of those.). Hardest part was the connecter on my 08 S but pushing the white tab in eventually released it. Ran the control box into the glove box for now which was easy. Running on Sport 03 now as its plenty sensitive without losing the finer control. For $65 its a nobrainer option that is easy to remove. Thanks Julian for the input on this one!

Last edited by NCcayman08; 06-10-2024 at 09:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Julian_KCMO (06-10-2024)

Quick Reply: Throttle Response