Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to update suspension, no Idea what to order

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2023, 02:40 AM
FlipE
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks. My measurements seem to be

25mm front and 17.3 mm rear.

Don't know if the 2011 cars would be different from the 2009 cars.

Originally Posted by The Duke
That's my bad. I was multi-tasking x4, and I didn't see what I would have otherwise!

Here's the data on the rear anti roll bars.

Old 02-28-2023, 12:13 AM
Sir Ducer
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex1
EMG- I have had Ohlins on my car for over 5 years without any fluid leakage. I'm using their normal spring rate of 400 lb/in F and 458 lb/in r. The reason I bring up the spring rate is that when lowering your car, you will actually need higher spring rate and the accomping valving to match to keep your car from bottoming out. That's one of the primary function of the springs. Mine is lowered about 34 mm over stock or 14 over PASM. I still have the full amount of suspension travel as Ohlins have a method of changing the ride height without reducing suspension travel and a LN/BRS skid plate. Go to Ohlins setup and see how to install these coilovers. You will have a single golden control **** for both compression and rebound.

I have used my car for many different events including HPDE, Porsche Touring, autocross, bike hauler, and just plain canyon driving. These coilovers are an excellent investment if you keep your car over 3-4 years. You will lose money in a short term sell off though. Now, all the money i put into the suspension over the years is paid off in performance return. I do not expect to get any additional enumeration with all the mod I have installed, rather I use them all.

The lower control arms need to be upgraded when you install any springs or shocks. The rubber bushing are probably shot. If you do change the LCA's, the adjustable camber LCA products will allow you to get more camber than OEM -1.5f and -2.1r. I have found that the Ohlins can control a lot of camber to help keep the tire footprint fully engaged in cornering. No tire roll with over -2.5 f and -2.4 r. Many owners are reluctant to get this type of camber due to the inside tire shoulder wear. I've got a good local speed shop who setup my alignment, which allows for well over 14k miles on tire wear. I do flip my tires though.

The suspension is the key to this car. So with Ohlin's and adjustable LCA's you will have the foundation to grow with your car. Then you can think about long tube headers, wide wheels, wheel spacers, short shifter kits and cables,

Hey APEX1, nice reminder, btw what tires are you running and what pressures for road and for track?
Old 03-01-2023, 01:56 AM
Apex1
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Bridgestone RE71RS and 30 PSI on street. Track 30 f and 32 r to start depending on surface and track temps. Track wet temps are 26 f, 28 r to start (autocross) 28 f 30 r track to start.
Old 03-01-2023, 12:20 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 118 Posts

Already lots of good answers here, but I wanted to point that out going to 19" wheels doesn't have any bearing on the ride height unless you didn't select appropriate tires. If you want to lower the car for handling, I understand, but I didn't want you to think it's required.

Quick Reply: Need to update suspension, no Idea what to order