Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Cayman S PDK pressure sensor issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 02:11 AM
LLP
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Cayman S PDK pressure sensor issue

Hi everyone,

I am considering a 2009 Cayman S PDK with about 62k miles on the clock. The owner said that the car is suffering from a pressure sensor issue with its PDK and he managed to find an independent garage to fix it (so avoiding the usual Porsche bid to have you replace the entire PDK). What do you all think? Is this a common issue with PDKs and even if the sensor is replaced would there have been damage already done to the gearbox? Do these sensor issues tend to resurface after a while?

I'm concerned because from what I could gather people tend to say that the PDK is bulletproof and lasts up to 150k miles or more.. so I wonder if this is one of the rare cases that suggests a defect in this particular gearbox..

Thanks all!
Old 05-02-2022, 05:37 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 102 Posts

I haven't heard much about pressure sensor issues, but parts are slowly becoming available for repair of the PDKs.

New Replacement 7DT45 Shift Fork Position Sensor Unit for Porsche PDK Gearbox (lnengineering.com)

Given the cost of replacement for the PDK, I'd be wary of any shop making repairs that doesn't have an established track record of success with these. They aren't rocket science, but if the parts aren't available then it doesn't matter how much you understand them. If I were in your situation I'd want it repaired with a warranty before I purchased or I'd deduct the cost of achieving the same thing from my offer price.

Quick Reply: 2009 Cayman S PDK pressure sensor issue