Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door interior switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 11:15 PM
redline23
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door interior switch

Hey Guys,

I'm having an issue with my Cayman where the driver door window doesn't go down when I open the door from the inside. The switch appears to work fine if I press it manually, however the plastic is a bit damaged and the handle doesn't appear to press it properly.

I'm looking for the partnumber of the circled part in the photo. I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:36 AM
Julian_KCMO
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by redline23
Hey Guys,

I'm having an issue with my Cayman where the driver door window doesn't go down when I open the door from the inside. The switch appears to work fine if I press it manually, however the plastic is a bit damaged and the handle doesn't appear to press it properly.

I'm looking for the partnumber of the circled part in the photo. I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

I was having a similar issue with my 06 BS, my interior lights would also only briefly come on and then turn off. Using the exterior door handle would only drop the window if I kept the handle pulled up. The fix for mine was replacing the door latch mechanism (I used one from a 2010 Cayenne but there are various other VAG group units that are interchangeable). Now my window drops and stays put, lights stay on when I open/close the door AND my key fob locks the car on a single press.
Here are some pictures of both parts side by side. The one with the blue plug is the original, only difference between the two (aside from the end of the part number) was the link for the rod to our door handle which was a cable on the Cayenne. The cable end simply slides out and the black plastic Cayman/Boxster part slides on in its place. I highlighted those parts.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:49 AM
redline23
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think my door latch mechanism is good since exterior door handle lowers the window fine, interior lights work fine, key fob works as expected. If I use a pen to push the connector rod behind the interior door handle, the window lowers.

I need to replace that connector rod the door latch mechanism attaches too since the part that pokes out of the door is damaged on my car. This is the part I'm looking for. It's circled in red in the first post.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 04-20-2022, 04:12 PM
hueyhoolihan
Pro

Received 207 Likes on 161 Posts

the piece you're looking for may be a part of (and therefor not obtainable by itself) the larger internal locking mechanism. just a guess.
The following users liked this post:
TMc993 (04-21-2022)

Quick Reply: Door interior switch