Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch replacement shop advise

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 01:13 AM
987_Rick
5th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clutch replacement shop advise

Need a clutch replacement for my ‘10 base Cayman and looking for recommendations on a trustworthy shop in San Jose, Bay Area. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-2022, 03:36 AM
hueyhoolihan
Pro

Received 206 Likes on 161 Posts

sorry, don't know any trustworthy porsche shops in san jose, but i have been having my '07 base cayman serviced at PPM German Autowerk – German Auto Repair (ppmga.com) in walnut creek. eric leman, the proprietor, is very personable and is conversant in all things porsche, not to mention, motorcycling, bicycling, racing, and ocean sailing. prices are reasonable and the shop has a very relaxed atmosphere. i highly recommend them.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:00 PM
BRracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

I think we already chatted, but we are the largest Independent Porsche service center in the SF South Bay Area.
We have two locations.
Our warranty is longer and stronger than the dealer.
We have a larger staff of Porsche expert technicians as well.
We have performed lots of clutch replacement jobs, IMS / RMS jobs, custom LSD installs and more.
You can check both our YELP and Google reviews...we have the strongest reputation in the area.
Let us know if we can help.

Bruce
BRracing
Old 03-12-2022, 12:50 PM
vanlieremead
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 203 Posts

Clutches aren’t too difficult to do. As usual, it’s about the tools and a lift. The shop will also inspect for leaks once it’s disassembled. You should be able to get a fixed price given it’s straightforward. Get a recommendation on parts. Personally I’d go OEM unless I really understood the engineering difference on an aftermarket part. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Clutch replacement shop advise