Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 cayman S foes thru BAT at 39000$

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2021, 12:25 PM
Zach L
Rennlist Member

Received 468 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by plafondles
Now is a good time to say that PCCB last A LOT longer then steel. They sound like they are worth the price in your experience. I'll add I have had no experience with the PCCB's, just what I have been told by previous owners who would scale more on the collector side then driver side (i.e. no track days, but do drive their cars).

EDIT: Cant you swap your 987.1 PCCB onto your CR?
@plafondles it's not as easy as you'd think to swap PCCB onto a standard-brakes car. The entire front spindles (wheel hub assembly) to which all the suspension components attach is different for PCCB-equipped cars. This is due to the much larger front caliper not lining up with the mounting holes on the factory spindle. The spindle used is the same as a front GT3 spindle I believe. Also, a Cayman with PCCB uses a larger brake master cylinder and the car's computer designates PCCB which changes ABS and traction control parameters. Here's more info/pics from someone that's done the conversion: https://rennlist.com/forums/987-foru...cb-vs-red.html

If I came across a salvaged car with PCCB and could grab all the components for a reasonable amount, I'd probably jump on that. But my Cayman S has pretty much every option box checked and I'm not going to butcher an otherwise pristine car... the spec will continue to match the build sheet.

Quick Reply: 2006 cayman S foes thru BAT at 39000$