Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Correct spacers for Cup 3's on '06 987

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 11:28 AM
banjodude79
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correct spacers for Cup 3's on '06 987

Morning guys!

After several years of hustling and saving, my son finally was able to buy his first Porsche - an '06 987 Cayman S. Got it in TX with 64k - a great car that had been babied from the start. He is planning to daily it, and we had a Porsche mechanic here locally go through it. We ended up doing a water pump and thermostat, along with brake fluid exchange and coolant flush ourselves. The mechanic found a leaking steering rack, so we just had that replaced. It's blowing foam out of the vents, so we'll tackle that repair over Christmas break.

All that to say...one of the things I'd like to get him for Christmas are wheel spacers. He picked up a nice set of Cup 3 wheels with darn-near new Alpines for winter for only $500. The wheels clear the calipers, suspension, etc. just fine, but the rears in particular need some spacers to get the stance back to normal given that the Cups hug the inside more than the factory wheels. Cool, I thought - I'll just find some online...... HA! Hub-centric, lug-centric, how thick, do I need new lugs....now I'm confused as heck. Anyone happen to know what thickness and which-centric spacers I should get him?

Also - anything else we should have a look at proactively? The mechanic didn't point anything else out to us, but thought it was worth asking nonetheless. Thanks!!

Wes
Old 11-27-2021, 05:13 PM
audi49
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

First, you may want to check this link out. Great way to compare stock vs other wheels/tire sizes. https://tiresize.com/calculator/

I’m not sure what cup 3’s width and offset are but when I had cup 2’s on my 987 I used 15mm in the rear and 7mm in the front.

The following users liked this post:
banjodude79 (11-27-2021)

Quick Reply: Correct spacers for Cup 3's on '06 987