Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Codes on Codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 10:28 AM
NJR1986
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Codes on Codes

So, I've recently had a couple codes pop up (P2189 and P2187) "lean at idle" on both banks. From some research I've read that it could be due to a vac leak. In unrelated news I had been meaning to get around to this job, but I recently did fresh coils and plugs about 150mls ago at this point. Those codes came on prior to me doing the job a couple weeks ago. Now on my drive home from work yesterday afternoon the idle seemed a bit rough, rougher than normal. Drove fine, idle was really all that seemed off. So I checked for codes once I got home and it showed another code of P2097 "post catalyst fuel trim too rich" so thought to myself this is a little odd. Decided to take the car for a quick coffee run this morning to see if the problem(s) persisted, and after stopping to get my coffee, upon startup the idle was very rough, and I was getting multiple misfires. Checked codes again once I got home "multiple random misfires detected"

I'd be shocked if all this is resulting from a vac leak, but Im kind of at a loss at what could be causing these misfires and the rough idle as well as this new "post catalyst" code. Any input would help. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Codes on Codes