Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A new addition!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 09:31 PM
thedude abides
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Kancamagus
Once you go topless in a 981 indeed. That way you get the both loudest (top down), and quietest (top up) version of the car. That’s bandwidth most convertibles cant claim.
So true. I love that about the car—although I hope to have the top up as little as possible!
Old 08-21-2020, 01:58 PM
st981
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

That's a nicely equipped car, congrats! Patience paid off.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:41 PM
DrBillyD
Racer

Received 143 Likes on 96 Posts

STFU, Donny! Walter Sobchak approves!

Nice color. Are the red interior accents in Guards Red or do they match the exterior? Like those floor mats with the red piping on the sides. Are the seats 14 or 18-way? Kinda strange that original owner got lots of performance options but didn't opt for Sport Chrono.

Did the prior owner give you the window sticker? Reason I ask is because the vent louvers in the same color to match the interior accents is something like a >$1K option (ahhh..... the Porsche options game.....), which I found out when I got the window sticker on my Spyder. Ditto for the red deviated stitching, which was also some unbelievably exorbitant charge.

BTW, I'm laughing with the prior owner, not at him as I'm considering switching out my seat belts from standard black to match the Guards Red exterior. And this is after spending >$1K to take out the Alcantara seat inserts and put in red/black/white Pepita houndstooth wool. <groan>

Enjoy! Looks like a beautiful car.

Last edited by DrBillyD; 08-21-2020 at 02:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
deilenberger (08-29-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 02:51 PM
thedude abides
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrBillyD
STFU, Donny! Walter Sobchak approves!

Nice color. Are the red interior accents in Guards Red or do they match the exterior? Like those floor mats with the red piping on the sides. Are the seats 14 or 18-way?

Did the prior owner give you the window sticker? Reason I ask is because the vent louvers in the same color to match the interior accents is something like a >$1K option (ahhh..... the Porsche options game.....), which I found out when I got the window sticker on my Spyder. Ditto for the red deviated stitching, which was also some unbelievably exorbitant charge.

BTW, I'm laughing with the prior owner, not at him as I'm considering switching out my seat belts from standard black to match the Guards Red exterior. And this is after spending >$1K to take out the Alcantara seat inserts and put in red/black/white Pepita houndstooth wool. <groan>

Enjoy! Looks like a beautiful car.
Yes the original owner really blinged-out this thing!

The interior colors are Amaranth Red, same as the exterior (seatbelts Guards Red as you pointed out). I originally viewed the painted vent slats as a little much but now I really like them. Seats are 14-way. I can’t tell that much of a difference between them and the 18-ways, I find them just as comfortable.

And yes, I do have the original sticker: $86k, of that, about $20k in options!
Old 08-21-2020, 02:53 PM
heartbeat91
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome! I myself bought a Guards Red 2013 boxster S last weekend, from Porsche Bellevue. Glad to see another red boxster in WA state! Hope to see you around man.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:55 PM
thedude abides
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by heartbeat91
Awesome! I myself bought a Guards Red 2013 boxster S last weekend, from Porsche Bellevue. Glad to see another red boxster in WA state! Hope to see you around man.
Cool! Enjoy the ride and I’ll keep and eye out for you!
Old 08-21-2020, 06:55 PM
Kancamagus
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 53 Posts

Even though the red interior accents aren’t necessarily to my taste, I would love to have them because they make the car a more distinctive build. But I dunno Dude, can you really maintain as a “Dudest” with such a lavish display of consumerism?
Old 08-21-2020, 07:33 PM
thedude abides
Rennlist Member

Even though the red interior accents aren’t necessarily to my taste, I would love to have them because they make the car a more distinctive build. But I dunno Dude, can you really maintain as a “Dudest” with such a lavish display of consumerism?
Haha! You’re right! And like, that display of red is aggressive—and that aggression cannot stand, man!
Old 08-22-2020, 11:23 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

The vent louvers IMHO are a bit over the top - but I know Porsche offered that as an option (around $300 IIRC..)
Old 08-23-2020, 12:18 AM
thedude abides
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deilenberger
The vent louvers IMHO are a bit over the top - but I know Porsche offered that as an option (around $300 IIRC..)
I originally thought so as well but now I kind of like them! My wife and daughters certainly do, to. Would I pay $300 for them? Probably not.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:46 PM
SoCal-NSX
Burning Brakes

Received 902 Likes on 402 Posts

Congrats! She's a beaut!!!
Old 08-28-2020, 06:15 PM
Kancamagus
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 53 Posts

I looked on line at some high res images of that color, Freakin love it! Wears well on the shape of the car.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:42 PM
thedude abides
Rennlist Member

I looked on line at some high res images of that color, Freakin love it! Wears well on the shape of the car.
It's a really unique color.

When I was driving the car home the day of purchase, my wife was about 2 miles behind me on the freeway. When she finally caught up with me, she initially didn't realize it was me because the car looked orange to her! It's amazing how it changes hues based on lighting. Seems to have a lot of depth to it.
The following users liked this post:
CaymanCarver (08-29-2020)

Quick Reply: A new addition!