Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Cayman S, cup holder door sagging

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 07:17 AM
Rick_H
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2006 Cayman S, cup holder door sagging

Well I finally getting around to investigating the sagging cup holder cover in my Cayman. Is this a common issue, with repair parts available? The door has sagged down lower so it doesn't align with the dash ever since I purchased the car, locks and functions perfect just sit down a little further.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:43 PM
997DROP
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick_H
Well I finally getting around to investigating the sagging cup holder cover in my Cayman. Is this a common issue, with repair parts available? The door has sagged down lower so it doesn't align with the dash ever since I purchased the car, locks and functions perfect just sit down a little further.
I believe I has the same problem on my 997 911. This thread, https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...a-997-1-a.html, has instruction on removing the unit to inspect it for my car. Could be the same for yours. My issue turned out that the screw holding one side had fallen out. I found the screw in the car about 5 months ago when I bought the car but couldn't figure out were it came from. The sagging cup holder had been annoying me since Nov when I got the car but finally decided today was the day. Once I followed the instructions I realized exactly what was wrong and finally realized what that screw was for. Lesson never throw away any miscellaneous screws, never now when it might come in handy.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:16 AM
Rick_H
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the info, I was starting to think this was maybe an oddball issue. Ill have to pull the unit and see if it is something I can repair, they think an awful lot of that assembly...lol
Old 05-11-2020, 07:33 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 255 Posts

Same. Found a screw on the floorboard one day and couldn't figure out where it came from. A few months later my wife said she was having problems with the cupholder. Bingo! Two screws on the bottom. One was missing. Reinstalled it and all was great again!

Quick Reply: 2006 Cayman S, cup holder door sagging