Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOUL Exhaust + Tune - Experiences ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 11:41 PM
Fresh.Sizzle
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by GroupJ
Did you install the de-Catted headers without modifying your ECU tune? I'd be interested in your experience. Did you have CEL issues and did the engine run smooth? thanks
Any CEL due to catless headers do not affect performance or the smooth running of the engine.

O2 Spacers help mitigate the CELs with such a setup, however may not eliminate them 100% and the CEL may recur periodically at a frequency of once every 3 months or more.

An OBD Scan tool can be used to erase such periodic CELs, or certain ECU tune flashes may eliminate the specific CELs triggered by such a setup.

You also may disconnect the battery terminals and reconnect to eliminate this CEL.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:55 PM
Apex1
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Abe Evrens
Looking into getting a tune + SOUL headers + Exhaust for my 11/ Cayman S (987.2) Manual as I am trying to achieve some more power across the power band specifically between 4-7000 RPM with quicker response ie: 0-60 and 0-100 MPH times. I have NO interest in tracking but I want as much responsiveness I can achieve with what I currently have. Will also look at suspension as well - likely lowering an 1 inch for the time being using stock suspension so just springs. I would be curious to hear about other's experiences on SOUL and whether they achieved what they were looking for ? I am also looking at a bit more aggressive sound BUT not something that sounds out of place. Thanks in advance ... being winter in Toronto some of us have time to think about this ...perhaps too much time ! Cheers. Abe
I would suggest the Soul Long Tube catless headers and a Softronics tune. The guys at Soul have a good working relationship with Scott at Softronics. The long tube headers really help to improve your HP and Softronics help by adding a lot of additional mega bits to the fuel, ignition, and other critical maps. You will hear your motor's song much better with the catless headers. I have these items in my 987.1S and together they work very well. John at Soul certainly can help tie this buy together.

Last edited by Apex1; 10-20-2021 at 12:12 AM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
Soul Performance (10-21-2021)
Old 10-21-2021, 03:16 PM
Fresh.Sizzle
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Abe Evrens
Looking into getting a tune + SOUL headers + Exhaust for my 11/ Cayman S (987.2) Manual as I am trying to achieve some more power across the power band specifically between 4-7000 RPM with quicker response ...Cheers. Abe
Competition headers alone may be most beneficial to the purpose intended, especially for a 987.2 which was all 4 cats in the factory manifold headers. Installing comp headers will eliminate all 4 cats and free up a lot of flow specifically between 4-7000 RPM with quicker response.

Quick Reply: SOUL Exhaust + Tune - Experiences ??