Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric Fault code help for my 2005 987 Boxster S please

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 10:23 PM
Doug427
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Durametric Fault code help for my 2005 987 Boxster S please

I've tried Googling and searching this forum but I get tiny bits of info but not a complete picture. I used my Durametric to clear all fault codes on my car. I then drove it, and rechecked. Here's what came up, and they're all repeat customers:

Bosch Digital Motor Electronics Motrinic 7.8.1 header:
P0327 Knock sensor 1

(This one is easy - I assume the knock sensor on bank one is bad. Is bank one the drivers side?)

Instrument Cluster -9x7 header:
9150 reverse light 1 failure
9151 reverse light 2 failure

(Strange since both reverse lights work. Confusing why this would repeatedly come up.)

Airbag - POSIP header-
C152 communication PSM control unit (drive)
C141 Communication PCM (display)

(Multiple "communications" message arise. Perhaps because I have an aftermarket stereo in it and it messes with the CANBUS some how? I used a pro made madule to tap into the existing Bose system on the Kenwood head unit installation. It works flawlessly.)

Cornering lights header:
C144 Communication CDR (display)

(Yet another "communications" issue. Again, no idea what this is. The car has no warning lights on at all. )

Left Door Module header:
8704 Door h. Button inner sh. Stroke

(My interior door handle has the usual 987 issue where the travel is limited after hearing and feeling a pop once while opening the door and now the handle does not lay flush when released. I have the part everyone says to install that usually cures this, but I haven't put it in yet. I assume this code is tied to this?)

If anyone has any ideas on any of this I would be tremendously grateful. Thanks!

Old 11-21-2019, 12:03 AM
danschy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you can ignore the communication errors. Someone somewhere has written an explanation as to what causes them, but I don't recall other than to not worry about them. Every time I check my car I have a bunch.

Is it possible your reverse bulbs have been replaced with LEDs? That might trigger an alarm.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:13 AM
Doug427
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw the LED issue raised when I searched earlier. The bulbs are normal bulbs. The reverse lights work perfectly. Very strange!
Old 11-21-2019, 12:54 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

Anyone with an aftermarket headunit in their car is going to get the two communications error faults show up:

C152 communication PSM control unit (drive)
C141 Communication PCM (display)

That's because the functions being done were part of the factory display.

Quick Reply: Durametric Fault code help for my 2005 987 Boxster S please