Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made deposit on this 2013 Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 06:08 PM
Kitc2246
Three Wheelin'

Received 477 Likes on 347 Posts
Default Made deposit on this 2013 Boxster S

Been itching to upgrade from my 09 Boxster PDK. I wanted Sport Chrono, PASM and seat ventilation. Son sent me this link: http://www.greaterchicagomotors.com/...il-id-33318047. Crazy option list. Flying to Chicago late next week to pick up the car. Will

put on a clear bra/film and maybe windshield film. Any recommendations?
JohnC
The following users liked this post:
chassis (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 06:17 PM
zagamuffin
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks like a great spec , well wear
Old 11-16-2019, 10:03 PM
MattUF
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 11-16-2019, 11:39 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 630 Posts

Looks like a crazy good deal!
Old 11-17-2019, 10:57 AM
TEF
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Chicago in the midst of a snow storm would seem to be the ideal time to get a great deal on a Boxster S. Well timed.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:07 PM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

That's a screaming deal. But -- and I don't mean to be too picky here -- it does need yellow seat belts! NEED!
Old 11-17-2019, 01:10 PM
brewerbry
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts

Definitely get a PPI on the car. It has been in a wreck, sold at an auction and still reports visible damage. You should be able to get significant price concessions due to these issues - I would think you should get the car for no more than $38,000 and more like $36,500 given the condition and time of year (convertible in Chicago in winter)
Old 11-17-2019, 01:36 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by brewerbry
Definitely get a PPI on the car. It has been in a wreck, sold at an auction and still reports visible damage. You should be able to get significant price concessions due to these issues - I would think you should get the car for no more than $38,000 and more like $36,500 given the condition and time of year (convertible in Chicago in winter)
If the OP is concerned - he could open a free account at https://www.iseecars.com/ (they allow a number of searches free per month - including a CarFax). Following the link from the CarFax report to a True360 report: https://admin.trueframe.com/view-rep...sM9ZHc9J6PkY8Z - it appears it was tapped in the rear and the bumper cover replaced, and some quarter panel painting was done. According to trueframe - it checks out fine. I don't see anything that would scare me off on the car - but one might use the "accident" to do some creative bargaining. If purchased, I'd print out ALL the reports and keep them with the car records for when it's time to sell it.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:47 PM
cjrhoades
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats! I'm jealous of that option list. Good deal too so long as the PPI goes well.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:04 PM
zagamuffin
Instructor

Kit

make sure to do a full PPI as during my year and a half looking for my car I found a few dogs,one was ideal spec and looked amazing but you’d never believe the result of the PPI I paid 300 sterling for, shocking.

got a very highly speced car six months later as it was a Porsche HQ car in a great deal...

best of luck..
Old 11-18-2019, 02:54 AM
dave99rt
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scheduling a PPI tomorrow ASAP. Not overly worried. Car's price is already factoring in the dirty Carfax report.
It was traded in at a dealer, then the dealer sent it to auction where they likely turned a profit. Happens all the time.
Look at the pictures, Trueframe must be insanely picky, the paint on the car looks solid.
A basically identical, but nearly zero optioned 2013-2014 981 S PDK Boxster with 30k-50k miles are the same price or more usually.

Originally Posted by TEF
Chicago in the midst of a snow storm would seem to be the ideal time to get a great deal on a Boxster S. Well timed.
Unfortunately, it's a low production, max optioned vehicle that is at a luxury/specialty dealer. They know what they have and store their cars indoors. Not much leverage when you are coming from out of town also.

Originally Posted by deilenberger
If the OP is concerned - he could open a free account at https://www.iseecars.com/ (they allow a number of searches free per month - including a CarFax). Following the link from the CarFax report to a True360 report: https://admin.trueframe.com/view-rep...sM9ZHc9J6PkY8Z - it appears it was tapped in the rear and the bumper cover replaced, and some quarter panel painting was done. According to trueframe - it checks out fine. I don't see anything that would scare me off on the car - but one might use the "accident" to do some creative bargaining. If purchased, I'd print out ALL the reports and keep them with the car records for when it's time to sell it.
Yep, it has the Trueframe report.

The accident occurred less than 100 days into ownership. I'd hate to imagine someone didn't have their $92k MSRP car fixed correctly and then proceed to own it for 6+ years.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:42 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Couldn't agree more. Personally, I would not purchase any car that has been in an accident, but maybe that's just me. Agree with your thoughts on pricing.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:29 AM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Couldn't agree more. Personally, I would not purchase any car that has been in an accident, but maybe that's just me. Agree with your thoughts on pricing.
So you wouldn't buy my car? Guess I'll just have to enjoy it for the rest of my life....

The following users liked this post:
zagamuffin (11-20-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 11:58 AM
zagamuffin
Instructor

Originally Posted by inkatouring
So you wouldn't buy my car? Guess I'll just have to enjoy it for the rest of my life....

nothing wrong with a damaged repair of done correctly....

Old 11-20-2019, 12:43 PM
WAILN6
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 65 Posts

Spoiler

At some point, minor accidents are no longer an issue...just like original paint. Just look at how many 1972 911s cars sell on BAT for huge money even with minor repairs or entire repaints. If you want one of those, you just accept that it’s no longer factory fresh. No doubt Carrera GT’s are getting there too. Once the world has moved to electric and the govt issues cash for clunkers again, those lowly Porsche boxsters and caymans that still run will be worth gobs. I kick myself for not buying a perfectly repainted 912 for chump change about 5 yrs ago.

Quick Reply: Made deposit on this 2013 Boxster S