Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rosie's Journey and Officially Joining the Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 02:58 PM
professsorz
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Yep, you were right

I can't find the particular comments right now but I definitely remember a couple of Rennlisters saying words to the effect of "Just wait. Once you've had Rosie for a month or so you'll be getting rid of your M235i." And it looks like they were prescient. However, losing Big Blue to the family didn't feel right so I did two things today. First, surprised my son, who had been kept in the dark about Rosie, with her sitting in the garage this morning as he arrived with his wife for Mothers Day. Pretty hilarious. Got a big grin, turned to my wife and said "Happy Mothers Day", turned briskly to the right, plunked himself down into the drivers seat and asked "Where are the keys?" Having foreseen all, I'd already taken her for a warmup drive at 6 AM and a brief refresher at 7 so she was all ready to go at 8.

His grin only got wider as we went. And THEN I pressed the "sport" button. Thought he'd split his face. We've got a nice, open run up a largish hill and then down again nearby, so he felt her under load and with some speed. Yep, he approved. Being a chip off the old block, he'd also gathered small clues such that he told me he'd suspected "something was up". Such a xerox copy of his dad.

And the second thing I did was tell him at breakfast that my buddy at work had asked what I wanted for my BMW. And my wife's friend asked the same, her husband having admired the pristine condition when he was here. It IS a pretty rare car. Saddle leather, estoril blue, LSD and Mperf exhaust. One owner - me. Anyway, I told my son this and then said that I thought it might be better if instead of selling Big Blue I just gave it to him instead, to keep the car in the family. Not sure which grin was bigger, the one on his first sight of Rosie or the one when he heard that.

And since without pics it didn't happen, here's what my dog thinks about getting a ride in Rosie.

Quick Reply: Rosie's Journey and Officially Joining the Club