Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior upgrades to my 987.1 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 04:46 PM
Zach L
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 317 Posts

Wow, looks great!

Originally Posted by Porsche911benz
For the steering wheel? I haven’t gotten any lights/warnings that indicate “no.” The seats did throw the airbag lights, but the gt3 seats lack the thorax airbags. So from what I understand, you’ll need to turn the thorax ones off via the PIWI.
Do you know if coding out the thorax air bags would be possible using Durametric?
Old 08-10-2019, 05:20 PM
Oran C
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you need a new steering wheel column module for the 991.2 wheel ? I'm coming from 2007 987.1 Boxster and still wondering if I need this when I swap in an non-MF manual 991.2 wheel. Thanks !

Originally Posted by Porsche911benz

Thanks!

The steering wheel wasn’t bad. You just need to drop the windows, disconnect the negative terminal on the battery, and the rest is pretty straightforward. The hardest part was feeling where the release springs were on the airbag. But it went in without the need for the GPS Adapter, etc. I didn’t have the multifunction working, but I don’t have the factory phone (and still have the original crappy radio).

The seats are the real deal 996 GT3 recaros :-)))
I got them from fellow RL member Chet.
I definitely will re-route the seatbelts. But I’m in SoCal and wanted to get them in before the coming tsunami rain.

The steering wheel ROCKS. Way thicker and better looking than the mid-90s looking triangle.

The seats look spectacular, but are definitely nowhere near as comfortable as the standard seats/997 gt3 (US Seats). It’s my daily driver, so I’ll see how that goes.

Quick Reply: Interior upgrades to my 987.1 Cayman S