Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)

Interior panel won't go in.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018 | 07:50 PM
artyartem
7th Gear

Exclamation Interior panel won't go in.

Hey, I got windows tinted yesterday and now the passenger interior panel won't go in. I have attached pics.
Please help!

Old 09-12-2018 | 09:53 PM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by artyartem
Hey, I got windows tinted yesterday and now the passenger interior panel won't go in. I have attached pics.
Please help!
This looks like the issue with the door “cards” warping...Just happens over time & can be replaced by dealership under warranty or “goodwilled” - do a search for more detail on that known issue. If yours came up suddenly after getting your windows tinted, then maybe someone mishandled the door panel as they were removing it & exacerbated the issue? -Dom
Old 09-12-2018 | 11:30 PM
jeffm
Racer

I agree. The door panel looks correctly installed, but the issue appears to be the common "warping" issue or failure of the adhesive. This happened on my drivers side (not to that extent) and I replaced it will a panel off ebay for $150.

Good luck
Old 09-13-2018 | 08:45 AM
MyNameIdeasWereT
Pro

It does look like warping / mishandling, but before buying a new door card, I would go through the steps to remove it and try reinstalling it yourself. Or go back to the tint shop and ask them to fix it. If anything, they might take responsibility and offer a partial refund or purchase the new card.

The edges don't look like they're seated completely flush with the door, which makes me think they didn't line it up the top before putting it back on.
Old 09-13-2018 | 01:54 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dom991.1

This looks like the issue with the door “cards” warping...Just happens over time & can be replaced by dealership under warranty or “goodwilled” - do a search for more detail on that known issue. If yours came up suddenly after getting your windows tinted, then maybe someone mishandled the door panel as they were removing it & exacerbated the issue? -Dom
Wasn't warped before the tint but is after? That sounds implausible. Looks to me like the plastic hook on the back of the door panel isn't in its slot.
Old 09-13-2018 | 11:37 PM
GregWormald
Racer

Take the car back to the shop and get them to affix the door panel correctly.

Quick Reply: Interior panel won't go in.