Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing front windshield washer fluid cap.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 08:13 PM
Leicht
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Missing front windshield washer fluid cap.

I just notice the cap is missing yesterday afternoon after picking up my car from the dealership for servicing last Friday afternoon. I also notice there are sticky residue on the same side of the winsheild fluid, running down to the front release hook. Is there anything I should be worry about the fluid short circuiting the electric front release hook or anything else that is under the front cover?
Old 10-25-2017, 08:43 PM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 615 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Leicht

I just notice the cap is missing yesterday afternoon after picking up my car from the dealership for servicing last Friday afternoon. I also notice there are sticky residue on the same side of the winsheild fluid, running down to the front release hook. Is there anything I should be worry about the fluid short circuiting the electric front release hook or anything else that is under the front cover?
I seriously doubt any risk of electrical damage because that area gets wet when washing the car sometimes. Not a flood of water when washing, but it gets wet. Your dealer tech forgot to put your cap back on.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:48 PM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Just to be safe from leaks and dust/dirt--put a plastic wrap cover on and an elastic to hold it in place, and visit the dealer to get your original back.
If the dealer is a long way away, have him deliver it! (mail should be OK )

Quick Reply: Missing front windshield washer fluid cap.