Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dspyda.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:31 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts
Default dspyda.com

apparently our good friend Donavan has opted not to continue dspyda.com

unfortunate because there was a wealth of info on the site, lots of great pictures, too!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I sent Donavan two emails before he closed it down this week to ask him if was going to keep updating his website. I didn't get a response. Shame that all of that information (owner's stories and galleries of photos) could not be transferred to another site and saved.

Saludos,
z356
Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I had saved the following link which is a very basic Spyder Registry: https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx/...5&sc=documents

From the looks of it there were about 700 built. There are details for some of them but unfortunately not all of them. I'm not sure who is managing this one.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't find mine. I wonder where they pulled the VINs.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:21 AM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I had saved the following link which is a very basic Spyder Registry: https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx/...5&sc=documents

From the looks of it there were about 700 built. There are details for some of them but unfortunately not all of them. I'm not sure who is managing this one.
That was a list I started but i've been remiss in updating it when cars show up on ebay...
Old 02-26-2012, 07:12 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm fairly new to owning a Spyder but didn't he sell his first one then buy another ? Someone needs to take over the site who truly has a love for these cars. Or start a new one.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:20 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
I'm fairly new to owning a Spyder but didn't he sell his first one then buy another ?
Yup. He apparently has the same affliction that many other guys on these forums have. Buy a car, drive it for a few hundred miles, make comments on how awesome the car is, and then get rid of it. It makes no sense, but happens all the time. I'll never be able to figure it out.

Someone needs to take over the site who truly has a love for these cars. Or start a new one.
I vote for Afshin/Marine Blue.

Trending Topics

Old 02-26-2012, 07:54 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Yup. He apparently has the same affliction that many other guys on these forums have. Buy a car, drive it for a few hundred miles, make comments on how awesome the car is, and then get rid of it. It makes no sense, but happens all the time. I'll never be able to figure it out.

I've driven the car a few hundred miles and have determined it's one of the best sports car ever produced. I have a 996 race car for the track but have come to the realization that I need to get the Spyder on the track just to see what it can do......... But most importantly chicks dig it.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm fairly new to owning a Spyder but didn't he sell his first one then buy another ? Someone needs to take over the site who truly has a love for these cars. Or start a new one.

I vote for Afshin/Marine Blue.
I would definitely love to take over the website but there's one major issue, I'm not web savvy and wouldn't know where to begin. I can certainly assist someone by gathering details on cars if someone wants to take the time to enter it on the website.

I've driven the car a few hundred miles and have determined it's one of the best sports car ever produced. I have a 996 race car for the track but have come to the realization that I need to get the Spyder on the track just to see what it can do......... But most importantly chicks dig it.
The Spyder is in my opinion THE BEST Sports Car. It has it all. It's fast and quick enough to exhilarate, with the mid engine layout it handles like its connected to your brain, it is well built, it is reliable, it has a nice interior layout with everything in the right place and it is drop dead gorgeous. It hits every emotional note which is what a sports car is all about.

The only compromise is the top but I personally really like it, I think its brilliant and very well thought out.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:40 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
The Spyder is in my opinion THE BEST Sports Car. It has it all. It's fast and quick enough to exhilarate, with the mid engine layout it handles like its connected to your brain, it is well built, it is reliable, it has a nice interior layout with everything in the right place and it is drop dead gorgeous. It hits every emotional note which is what a sports car is all about.

The only compromise is the top but I personally really like it, I think its brilliant and very well thought out.
Like I said, I vote for Afshin.
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to run/manage/make a website either
Old 02-26-2012, 09:00 PM
jabbey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love this Scott! You said no track, and now look at you. Can't wait to hear your track review of the Spyder. Tomorrow is supposed to be NICE, so I'm definitely in the Spyder with the top down!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Like I said, I vote for Afshin.
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to run/manage/make a website either
Neither do I but perhaps some other Spyder owner here does have that web ability! I urge Donavan to contact (pm or email) one of us so that we can try to find someone that can transfer all the information & photos that he and other Spyder owners collected at dspyda.com on to a new website!

Saludos, z356
Old 02-27-2012, 10:39 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 166 Posts

On January 27, 2011 I downloaded the VIN data from daspyda.com so it is not current but it does capture the ordered options. Unfortunately RN does not support Excel attachments. If Donovan could give us a current copy then it would give us a starting point to rebuild a new registry.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Phil do you know how to set up a website?

I think there are plenty of us that would be more than willing to help any way we can to get a new website established. I would pitch in $ also for the website hosting costs, maybe that is something others would consider as well.

Something organized that includes vin, options, pictures and current location (state only). Additional things like magazine articles, links to videos and other cool links would also be great.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:42 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

I am not computer savvy enough to do this, but happy to help out as well

we could always do it under the auspices of PCA and the Boxster Registry

Quick Reply: dspyda.com