Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best N-rated tires for the Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 08:31 PM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

I might now go with the N rated Hankook Ventus S1 evo3. Has anybody experience with those tire? Those seem to be now the standard tires on the new Boxsters and Cayman but there is hardly any reviews about those tires.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:36 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rr_gts
Probably Michelin PS4S.

How different are the N0 rated tires?
Looking for these tires and I have been told they are very hard to find. One store told me that there is one tire in Indiana and I need two. Called the big name tire stores with no luck. Costco has the Mich. AS only.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:38 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Originally Posted by john981
I might now go with the N rated Hankook Ventus S1 evo3. Has anybody experience with those tire? Those seem to be now the standard tires on the new Boxsters and Cayman but there is hardly any reviews about those tires.
I am interested as well and would like to know how do they compare to the PS4S. I don't track so I am interested in the quiet and softer ride.
Old 03-19-2024, 06:14 PM
Kevin CS
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by bcgreen
Looking for these tires and I have been told they are very hard to find. One store told me that there is one tire in Indiana and I need two. Called the big name tire stores with no luck. Costco has the Mich. AS only.
They're not really that hard to find; tirerack.com will have them, and they'll ship them for free to any shop you want for installation (DISCLAIMER: I don't work for tirerack.com; I'm just a happy customer). Also, Discount Tire (which now owns tirerack.com) will have them (or can get them for you).
Old 03-19-2024, 06:48 PM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

I am interested as well and would like to know how do they compare to the PS4S. I don't track so I am interested in the quiet and softer ride.
I did some research on the Hankook tires and read that those are not that great and wear down way too fast. Now I ordered the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 at the dealership. They gave me a great deal on those tires and will do the alignment in the same time. The Michelin thing is somehow more complicated. They have for the same tire size bunch of different sub types. I don't know really what is what and what are the differences between the different sub types. The Michelins are supposed to be the best but the Goodyears are not that bad, are n rated, simpler to order and are cheaper. Will see how it goes.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:11 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Originally Posted by Kevin CS
They're not really that hard to find; tirerack.com will have them, and they'll ship them for free to any shop you want for installation (DISCLAIMER: I don't work for tirerack.com; I'm just a happy customer). Also, Discount Tire (which now owns tirerack.com) will have them (or can get them for you).
Doesn't have them until a small shipment due early May.

Last edited by bcgreen; 03-19-2024 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:17 PM
BondJ
Pro

Received 340 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by john981
I did some research on the Hankook tires and read that those are not that great and wear down way too fast. Now I ordered the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 at the dealership. They gave me a great deal on those tires and will do the alignment in the same time. The Michelin thing is somehow more complicated. They have for the same tire size bunch of different sub types. I don't know really what is what and what are the differences between the different sub types. The Michelins are supposed to be the best but the Goodyears are not that bad, are n rated, simpler to order and are cheaper. Will see how it goes.
The Goodyears will be fine. I used them on a number of previous P cars and found the wet weather grip to be great. I only run PS4S now because I got a better deal on 20”. I can’t tell the difference in the dry, I seriously doubt anyone other than a pro could do. As for road noise, who cares? These cars are not limos
The following users liked this post:
john981 (03-19-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 12:33 AM
Kevin CS
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 141 Posts

Doesn't have them until a small shipment due early May.
Thus proving that I really don't work for tirerack.com...

Sorry they weren't any help, either.

Quick Reply: Best N-rated tires for the Boxster