Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disable Auto-Blip | Boxster GTS 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2024, 11:54 AM
Damillster
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable Auto-Blip | Boxster GTS 6MT

I lost a 2008 Boxster S as a result of a texting teenager who blew through a red light and crumpled my front end. That was a little over a year ago. I’ve been contemplating a replacement ever since and have a very strong fondness for the 981 Boxster GTS 6MT, which I consider to be a reasonable replacement and upgrade.

I’ve spent the last 3 months, not searching for a GTS, but instead searching for a method to disable the Auto-Blip feature when the car is in its most aggressive configuration (Sport+). I’ve read many threads, spoken to many people, and even reached out to Softronic (what I believe to be a premiere Porsche tuner) for a solution. Nothing.

I know this has been discussed before in other threads. I just needed to throw up one more Hail Mary pass before moving on and considering other vehicles. As silly as it sounds, this is a hard stop deal breaker for me.

Here are my questions:

1. Are there any other tuners that I should reach out to?

2. Are there any hardware changes that could accomplish my end goal?

3. Is there a way to simply keep the car in “Normal” mode, but manually activate all the features that are engaged with Sport+? I believe that PASM, PSM, Exhaust, and Start Stop can be manually turned on or off in any mode, but I think the throttle mapping, PSM sensitivity and Dynamic Engine Mounting are informed by the driving modes (Normal/Sport/Sport+). But I could be wrong about this.

4. Perhaps there is a backwards way for me to get all the benefits of Sport+ without actually selecting Sport+? For example, could I have a tuner adjust PSM such that it defaults to all the things included in Sport+, except the auto-blip feature?

Help me, Rennlist Members. You're my only hope.

David
Old 02-17-2024, 02:15 PM
CaptainSlowly
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

I think you’re overthinking this. use Sport if you don’t want the auto blip feature
The following users liked this post:
Sajan (02-18-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 02:39 PM
Ffre92
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

I second that. Just use sport.

I can’t tell any difference in the dynamic engine mounts in sport+ vs sport on the road, and I’m in a cayman
Old 02-17-2024, 04:18 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,233 Likes on 1,019 Posts

You can always disengage PSM too. That disables auto blip.
Old 02-19-2024, 10:15 AM
Squeaky
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

You can turn off PSM to deactivate autoblip.

why do you want to deactivate it anyway?
Old 02-19-2024, 01:16 PM
marques1
2nd Gear

Yes, I have a hard time telling when the car is auto blipping in Sport-Plus at the very same time I'm heel'n'toeing / rev-matching, so don't feel a big need to deactivate it. I do wish the brake pedal sat a little lower with respect to the throttle.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:58 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,233 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by marques1
Yes, I have a hard time telling when the car is auto blipping in Sport-Plus at the very same time I'm heel'n'toeing / rev-matching, so don't feel a big need to deactivate it. I do wish the brake pedal sat a little lower with respect to the throttle.
That has been my biggest complaint about the car. Brake pedal is too high.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:05 PM
Damillster
8th Gear

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.

Sounds like the general consensus is:

1. There's no good reason to not use the auto-blip feature. Most everyone agrees that it's wonderful and should always be enjoyed.
*It then seems a bit odd to me that the Spyder and GT cars (GT4/GT3) offer a way to disable this feature independently. Not sure what to make of that. Maybe GT customers just prefer more control?

2. There is truly no way to disable this (while keeping all the high performance PCM components active) through software adjustments, or hardware replacements. It's just plain impossible.

David
Old 02-19-2024, 08:52 PM
DrBillyD
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Damillster
Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.

Sounds like the general consensus is:

1. There's no good reason to not use the auto-blip feature. Most everyone agrees that it's wonderful and should always be enjoyed.
*It then seems a bit odd to me that the Spyder and GT cars (GT4/GT3) offer a way to disable this feature independently. Not sure what to make of that. Maybe GT customers just prefer more control?

2. There is truly no way to disable this (while keeping all the high performance PCM components active) through software adjustments, or hardware replacements. It's just plain impossible.

David
I've got a 981 Spyder and was unaware that auto-blip could be disabled in Sport+ mode. I'll have to check it out.

Agree that, to me at least, the performance delta between Sport and Sport+ is negligible.
Old 02-19-2024, 09:55 PM
Damillster
8th Gear

Originally Posted by DrBillyD
I've got a 981 Spyder and was unaware that auto-blip could be disabled in Sport+ mode. I'll have to check it out.

Agree that, to me at least, the performance delta between Sport and Sport+ is negligible.
I may be wrong about that. I assumed the Spyder and GT4 are set up similarly...but after digging in a bit, that doesn't seem to be the case. Your Spyder may not be able to disable the auto-blip in Sport+. Sorry for the bad info.

And thanks for the feedback!
Old 02-21-2024, 04:55 PM
Squeaky
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by marques1
You can get an adjustable pedal to raise the throttle.

Quick Reply: Disable Auto-Blip | Boxster GTS 6MT