Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PIWIS Rear Spoiler Coding

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2024, 04:40 PM
Mechie3
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DriverDaily
Did you do any automatic coding later? Automatic coding will erase any custom coding done in engineering mode.
I may have done that when coding my center console buttons. Don't recall 100%. What is odd though, is that my commute is on 2 highways basically. I hit over 75 on the first one and the wing stayed down. Got on the exit/transition ramp, went below 50 due to traffic in front, then got back up to 75 and it triggered it. I'm going back to the shop tomorrow am to borrow their PIWIS again. I'll check the values and see what happened.

Basically though, anytime I do anything in engineering mode I'd have to go back and redo it if anything else if ever automatically coded? Hopefully I don't need much coding....

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2024, 05:01 PM
nhnguy12
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Mechie3
I may have done that when coding my center console buttons. Don't recall 100%. What is odd though, is that my commute is on 2 highways basically. I hit over 75 on the first one and the wing stayed down. Got on the exit/transition ramp, went below 50 due to traffic in front, then got back up to 75 and it triggered it. I'm going back to the shop tomorrow am to borrow their PIWIS again. I'll check the values and see what happened.

Basically though, anytime I do anything in engineering mode I'd have to go back and redo it if anything else if ever automatically coded? Hopefully I don't need much coding....

Thanks!
You will have to redo any coding done in engineering mode if your car was ever automatically coded.
Old 05-30-2024, 08:05 PM
Mechie3
8th Gear

Originally Posted by nhnguy12
You will have to redo any coding done in engineering mode if your car was ever automatically coded.
I think I figured it out, partly. Above 75mph, sunroof closed, nothing happens. Above 75mph, sunroof open.... The wing comes up! 😂 When getting off the highway I'll often open the sunroof the last half mile before the ramp, so that explains why it came up on my way to work after 20 mins of driving but didn't go up the first 20 mins. Going home I kept it closed and repeatedly confirmed the wing stayed down. Then I tried something. Opened the sunroof, hit 75....pops right up. Just need to figure out the settings.
Old 05-31-2024, 03:18 PM
Mechie3
8th Gear

Confirmed: There were three different settings for the wing to come up at 120kmh. Two were in the same group while a third was in an advanced setting menu IIRC. Didn't get a copy of the original German language text. I set this to 250 and the wing stays down now even with the sunroof open.

The following users liked this post:
nhnguy12 (05-31-2024)

Quick Reply: PIWIS Rear Spoiler Coding