Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BCM Location on 2014 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2024, 12:07 PM
TEF
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

As a country's ecomony develops, it's Instresting on how their respective products are viewed. For example, Japan. As its economy developed, stuff made there was intially considered junk, especially by those in the US . As a kid, I bought a set of open-end wrenches at Sears and marked "Made in Japan". The set I couldn't afford were the Craftsman. Decades later I lived in Tokyo when Japan was at the cutting edge of tech. In those days, Japanese paid a premium for any product stamped "Made in Japan". The best rice cookers (and most expensive) prominently displayed this on the front. Before Japan, I lived in Korea. It too was moving from making garments and sneakers to more sophisticated products. The "Made in Korea" label once again was sought after by Koreans (and still is). Just like the US, richer Asian countries are moving the manufacture of their consumer-grade stuff to China and Vietnam. I guess what I am saying is that a filter marked "Made in Korea" is probably as good as ones made in Europe (especially Eastern Europe). BTW, I still have those wrenches and now I notice just how well they were manufactured.

Quick Reply: BCM Location on 2014 Cayman S