Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT4 Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 09:57 PM
9Gyarah
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris651
“M” that looks super hot. I have the same colour Cayman. After seeing your pics I’m ready to pull the trigger and order the kit. Did you order it from ECS? Can you tell me if the bumper is made of FRP or Poly cause their website doesn’t specify. Did you do end up doing the third rad? I personally think it’s one of the nicest bumpers in the Porsche family and it’s designed To work with a third rad which is another reason to get it. I thought about getting the Techart front splitter but for $1500 it still didn’t solve the extra cooling I’m looking for. Cheers
Thanks. It’s stated in a few posts in this thread that it’s polypropylene. It’s on sale now at ECS. I have a GTS so it already includes a third radiator.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:38 PM
Chris651
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

///M///

thanks for the positive feedback on the ECS kit fitment and quality. Sorry for all the questions but the website shows a picture of a rear diffuser but doesn’t mention it in the included parts list. Is it included in the kit? Is it a GT4 replica and does it come with the mesh? Both Bayson R and ECS kits are similar but if ECS includes a diffuser that is probably the the best bang for the buck.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:43 PM
9Gyarah
Rennlist Member

No worries. Ask all you want. Answer is yes to all your questions below. I wasn’t sure on the diffuser as well being included but it is. Two other people I know who ordered this got the gt4 diffuser as well. It’s in a box of its own included in the big box.

on a separate note you will be ready to
burn the car when you attempt the oem diffuser uninstall. Lol!

///M///

thanks for the positive feedback on the ECS kit fitment and quality. Sorry for all the questions but the website shows a picture of a rear diffuser but doesn’t mention it in the included parts list. Is it included in the kit? Is it a GT4 replica and does it come with the mesh? Both Bayson R and ECS kits are similar but if ECS includes a diffuser that is probably the the best bang for the buck.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:23 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ///M///
No worries. Ask all you want. Answer is yes to all your questions below. I wasn’t sure on the diffuser as well being included but it is. Two other people I know who ordered this got the gt4 diffuser as well. It’s in a box of its own included in the big box.

on a separate note you will be ready to
burn the car when you attempt the oem diffuser uninstall. Lol!
Question, i know your GTS had a third Rad, as for My S with this GT4 Bumper what parts do i need to get the third rad functional. Do i need the GT4 style center duct? or the GTS one will work? , and also where to get it from or source out parts separately, what do i need basically ...Thanks!
Old 01-21-2020, 01:54 PM
9Gyarah
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jacob Sami
Question, i know your GTS had a third Rad, as for My S with this GT4 Bumper what parts do i need to get the third rad functional. Do i need the GT4 style center duct? or the GTS one will work? , and also where to get it from or source out parts separately, what do i need basically ...Thanks!
look at the GT4 bumper thread on planet 9 for details of parts needed. It requires some work.

You have 2 options:

1. GTS center radiator - this is smaller than the GT4 radiator and will require you to buy the mounting frame, radiator hoses, etc. but the air duct will not work with the GT4 bumper and the GT4 air duct will not fit this. I chose to leave out the air duct. This configuration vents down for hot air to go out via holes in the under tray. You will have to make these 4 square holes in the GT4 undertray. Takes 5 mins to do that ( see comparison picture below between the gts undertray and gt4 undertray. Just cut the same holes in the GT4 undertray if you go with the gts radiator)

2. GT4 center radiator - this is wider than GTS radiator. You will need to get the gt4 radiator frame, new GT4 bumper impact bar, new AC lines, hoses and GT4 center air duct. Definitely a lot more $$$$. This configuration vents the hot air upwards from the mesh opening.

for parts I use getporscheparts.com. Cheapest option I could find.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:03 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Option #1 it is. and yes easy to understand. Basically everything in this kit HERE , and cut out those four square holds on the bottom tray.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:15 PM
9Gyarah
Rennlist Member

Option #1 it is. and yes easy to understand. Basically everything in this kit HERE , and cut out those four square holds on the bottom tray.
Don’t buy that kit because you can’t use the center duct with the GT4 bumper but you will be paying for it. Instead get kart numbers for the other items and order from getporscheparts. You will save a lot. I can send you dimensions for the 4 holes when you get your kit and are ready to cut. I basically overlaid one over the other and marked with a marker to cut. It was a rough cut using seemed, nothing pretty but who cares .
Old 01-21-2020, 02:16 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Don’s buy that kit because you can’t use the center duct with the GT4 bumper but you will be paying for it. Instead get kart numbers for the other items and order from getporscheparts. You will save a lot.
Ok wonderful, will it be asking too much if you get me those part numbers? lol man im pushy but this is the best time to do it!
Old 01-21-2020, 02:17 PM
9Gyarah
Rennlist Member

Ok wonderful, will it be asking too much if you get me those part numbers? lol man im pushy but this is the best time to do it!
Honestly I don’t have the part numbers. You will have to do the work for that 😊. Kindly post the part numbers here so others can benefit as well.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:40 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Honestly I don’t have the part numbers. You will have to do the work for that 😊. Kindly post the part numbers here so others can benefit as well.
Here is the parts and Diagram LINK

- 991-106-237-01 "1pc" ( Radiator inner support bracket )
- 991-106-232-01 "1pc" ( Upper support bracket )
- 991-106-137-02 "1pc" ( Auxiliary Radiator )
- 991-106-337-01 "1pc" ( Radiator Outer support )
- 991-106-537-01 "2pc" ( Radiator Upper mount )
- 991-106-538-02 "2pc" ( Radiator lower mount )
- 991-106-638-02 "1pc" ( inlet hose side )
- 991-106-639-01 "1pc" ( Upper Hose side )

- 999-512-499-00 "4pc" ( Outlet Hose Clamps )
Total $417.36

But i am missing some bolts and nuts, not sure which parts. also found instructions HERE
The following users liked this post:
9Gyarah (01-21-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 05:33 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

///M///

Hey Chris sorry to hijack the thread lol, You made me spend the money by the way so this is on you , That one post made me do all this jeez... This is the way ( in mandolorian )
I hope this whole install project of the Bumper and 3rd rad contribute to what you are looking for as well.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:57 PM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Hey guys! Thanks for the shout-out! We made this list into a parts bundle/kit on our site to make ordering easier for ya, and added a little extra discount! It's part # PK981CENTERRAD and available here! Check it out and let us know if you'd like anything changed or added!

Shop & SAVE on Genuine OEM Porsche Parts, Accessories & Driver's Selection!
Contact Us · Shop Audi & BMW Parts too!

Old 01-21-2020, 05:58 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Originally Posted by getPorscheparts
Hey guys! Thanks for the shout-out! We made this list into a parts bundle/kit on our site to make ordering easier for ya! It's part # PK981CENTERRAD and available here! Check it out and let us know if you'd like anything changed or added!
I just placed the order can i cancel and get this instead?
Old 01-21-2020, 06:00 PM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

I just placed the order can i cancel and get this instead?
Absolutely - PM us over your order # and we'll be happy to assist. Please double check the included components and let us know if that's what you're looking for!

EDIT - I see your order! Would you like us to edit our kit to include a gallon of the Porsche coolant?
Old 01-21-2020, 06:04 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Originally Posted by getPorscheparts
Absolutely - PM us over your order # and we'll be happy to assist. Please double check the included components and let us know if that's what you're looking for!

EDIT - I see your order! Would you like us to edit our kit to include a gallon of the Porsche coolant?
PM sent, i was missing those support bracket nuts, yes you can keep the order i had two gallons of coolant but i am not sure how much i need, if 3 then just add one that is fine!

Quick Reply: GT4 Front Bumper