968 Forum 1992-1995

Rear wing removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 01:02 PM
SMuCK007
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,

Yeah my dad has a buddy up in Jersey City who had my splitter painted. It was only $50, but it wasn't exactly a good job... if you really scrutizize it you'll notice the paint color doesn't really match that well... but if your far away it looks great =]. Anyway, it was a friend who did the painting and it was pretty cheap so I didn't feel like bothering him about it. When it's covered in rockchips, I'll just find a different shop. I figure Midnight Blue is a hard color to replicate.

Anyway, good luck!
Old 11-24-2003, 10:17 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Ken, my friend who did mine does excellent work. Let me know if I can help. He is not that expensive either. Ideally you want to have teh car there for them to scan it so they can color match it correctly.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:49 PM
Ken968
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sure Raj does how long does he need the car? Should I plan on leaving it or can he scan it and Im on my way? I still haven't drilled the holes in the splitter yet, I want it all painted and installed so bad but haven't had the time to do everything I need. I'm shooting for a mid december total completion date. I'll let you know when my prep work is done.

Ken968
Old 11-25-2003, 10:31 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

ken, he might not even need to scan your car but I just threw that in there just in case. If you have a part that can be taken off to be scanned will work as well. This way you don't have to lose anytime on your car.
He does not need your car to do the job and I can attest for the quality of his work. Laso, let me know if you need my splitter as a template to drill holes on your splitter. Be careful about those holes as they should have already been there. That is how my factory turbo S splitter is. It came pre-drilled.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:36 PM
Ken968
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I plan to do as much as I can on Fri, because I will be off from work. My plan for the splitter was to use the pan as a template as per an old thread instructed on 968 net. Raj if you dont think this is the best way, I will come down at your convience and mark my splitter using yours as a template. I just want to get everything fitting correctly so any kinks are ironed out before it is painted. Thanks again

Ken968
Old 11-25-2003, 10:43 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Not a problem Ken. I will be away on vacation until next tuesday and should be availabl after that. Let me know if you want to come down.

Quick Reply: Rear wing removal