968 Forum 1992-1995

Rare 1 of 2 Mint green 968 coupe coming up for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 09:49 PM
tioga
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony,
I don't have any emails from anyone named "tony" so I'm not sure who you contacted or what name you used but the car was for sale and I bought it. I purchased the car Back around 2003 or 2004 because someone had just ran into my 944 turbo S and totaled it. I saw this car for sale and bought it because of the rare color. (This is why it has the club sport wheels on it from my turbo S) I also had another 944 turbo S at the time and did not drive this car much but appreciated it for it's color and rarity. I kept it for about 10 years and drove it maybe 10k miles. I then sold my other 944 turbo S and bought a 996TT to play with. I sold the 968 just after I bought the turbo to put some money back in the bank. (that is the classified add you pulled out of the archives from here) That was my listing and I ended up selling it to one of my customers who had always loved it. She like me has many cars and drove her S5 and sequoia most of the time and just bought the car to appreciate the color and style. She has just had some changes in her life and doesn't have room to properly store it anymore and wanted to sell it. That is where the thread begins. I told Jeffery, he listed it I came to my senses and bought it back. Does this make since? So if you run a carfax I bet it hasen't had 15-20k put on it in the last 15 years. It has had two timing belts and a dozen oil changes in that time. Just because a car doesn't get driven a lot doesn't make it B.S.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:01 PM
tioga
8th Gear

Default B&B 968 exhaust

I would not do the B&B exhaust again. The first one didn't even come close to fitting and the second one that is on the car now has cracked at the resonator. I welded it back but it was a far from perfect exhaust experience. I had a b&b on both my turbo cars with no problem but this one was not so hot. Sound is nice but I would try fabspeed or see if unobtainium welding would make you one. The unobtainium welding stuff is fantastic. You just have to hope he has done one so he has a fixture to reproduce.
Here is the one off bypass system Chris at unobtainium welding made for my 996tt X50.
Name:  IMG_0167.JPG
Views: 839
Size:  121.6 KB
Old 03-30-2017, 10:18 PM
Boeing 717

Received 262 Likes on 158 Posts

Thanks man. I don't know about quality but all the exhausts I've heard (at least low quality recordings on you tube) the BB sounded best to me.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:27 AM
Jymmybob
Advanced

Originally Posted by tioga
I would not do the B&B exhaust again. The first one didn't even come close to fitting and the second one that is on the car now has cracked at the resonator. I welded it back but it was a far from perfect exhaust experience. I had a b&b on both my turbo cars with no problem but this one was not so hot. Sound is nice but I would try fabspeed or see if unobtainium welding would make you one. The unobtainium welding stuff is fantastic. You just have to hope he has done one so he has a fixture to reproduce.
Here is the one off bypass system Chris at unobtainium welding made for my 996tt X50.
Attachment 1150445
I remember that exhaust from your 996TT ad on 6speed when I was looking for mine. I loved that interior and if I didn't land a deal on mine I was planning to contact you about it.

Nice grab on the 968 too.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:33 AM
chudson
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by tioga
Hi, everyone.
I am sure I pissed a lot of you off today and I do apologize. I am the previous owner and told Jeffery the currant owner wanted to sell. All true, He asked me if I was sure I didn't want it and I said no list it. I then about 6 hours later came to the decision that I would buy the car back pulling the rug out from under all of you that contacted me to buy it and Jeffery who used his reputation to list it for me. I apologize again and don't blame Jeffery he was told it was for sale which it was I just bought it back before everybody else got a chance.

Sorry,
Tioga
Nothing to apologize for T. Everyone gets the right to change their mind. Over the years, I've missed several car purchases due to similar circumstances. Enjoy having her back!

Cliff
Old 04-08-2017, 09:19 PM
tony968
Intermediate

After reviewing Tioga's photos I can definitely see this car is not pristine. it has scratches and missing paint everywhere and has a nasty dimple behind the rear quarter window. Sorry for the resolution of the photos, zooming in diminished the quality of the pics.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:47 PM
tioga
8th Gear

I see "Tony" is back. He took the pics I sent interested parties and magnified them to the point where the car looks like ****. The blotchy bumper cover is bugs if that gives you a idea of how magnified. And the "nasty" dent in the left quarter window I have pointed out and sent that pic to everyone because I'm the idiot that put it there. It is smaller than a BB. The lower rear bumper behind the tires does have paint wear from 100k of tire sling and I put the car on the lift to take those pics so people could see. I only sent these pics to the interested parties who want to buy the car and "tony" is one of them. I believe all of those people have made me offers so it looks good enough for "Tony" to buy. It almost seems like Tony is trying to dry the market up so he has less competition. Whatever. This trolling is what I would expect from the S4 or GTI forum not the grown up 968 forum.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:01 PM
tony968
Intermediate

I understand my comments might seem harsh however it's the truth. Everyone is congratulating Tioga for being reunited with his old car as if he's rekindling an old flame and everyone deserves a second chance. The story is there was a lot of interest for the car so he bought it from his customer strictly for a profit which is fine. I just wouldn't congratulate him for going back on his word just so he can flip it. I'd definitely PPI this car especially with the story of profit behind it!
Old 04-12-2017, 07:27 PM
tioga
8th Gear

I think someone willing to be so helpful to other fellow rennlist members should get credit for their helpful advice and use their real name. Why let Tony get credit for someone else's advice. I have a pretty good idea who you are let everyone else know. We're all family here don't be afraid to come out.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:02 AM
VanD
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, I am the purchaser of the mint green 968. The car arrived via enclosed transport today and I will tell you, the car is EXACTLY as described by Tioga. The paint is in overall fantastic condition - yes there are a couple small defects (which were described IN GREAT DETAIL prior to sale by Tioga) but the car is 25 years old & my paint restoration/pdr guy is the best and this is a great start. If anything, the car was underrepresented by Tioga, certainly not over represented: The car runs and drives perfectly, not a single errant tick or whirr, all systems functioning as they should. It has a look/feel of a car that was well taken care of, maintained meticulously and babied.

The car is an absolute stunner. Cannot believe the amount of attention it generated just driving the half mile from transporter drop off to my home, (and I have several 'unique' colored 928's in my garage, only the Lime Green Metallic & Continental Orange 928's come close to the 'wow' factor this car provides). Minty will be joining several brothers from the fatherland (20 early 928's at last count, 1 speed yellow '95 993 C2, '01 no sunroof m-coupe, '99 Estoril Blue M3 5spd 'vert, and a Cayenne Turbo). I must say I am one very happy purchaser. As to the 'Trolls' - Tioga is certainly a first class seller. Would buy again from him in a NY minute.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:42 AM
Vendetta NY
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

VanD, congrats on the purchase and thanks for closing the loop with us here on the forum. I couldn't have been the only one wondering where it went.

-V
Old 05-18-2017, 09:54 AM
Boeing 717

Received 262 Likes on 158 Posts

Cool man, get pics up after it's all detailed.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:57 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 118 Posts

Congrats Alex, I'm glad it worked out and Mint green coupe #2 is now in the hands of someone who will appreciate the car. Please post photos when you get the car all cleaned up. What will you do for wheels?
With Mint green coupe #1 in NJ, you in NY, and Mint green cab #1 here in CT we should get them together someday. Good luck.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:25 AM
longrunner1
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Alex,
Look forward to seeing it and the rest of your collection this summer. Will try and get Panos to join me when I come up.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:02 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of the hatchet jobs on here are a bit misplaced if not downright idiotic. Who cares his motive or whether he did or didn't? He bought the car and you didn't. Where is the problem?

Quick Reply: Rare 1 of 2 Mint green 968 coupe coming up for sale