Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Trying to get familiar with my new 968..

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Motosport
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks guys, that makes good sense.. Except when its time to remove the intake of course..

Who is Griffins.? That would be awesome if I could calibrate the temp dial as it needs to be turned right up near max to get some proper heat. Even though its not needed now, I am sure wifey will appreciate it when winter comes around..

Jerry - yes, I replaced the condenser myself while I had the car up on stands to do an oil and filter change..

Alex.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:18 PM
thomasmryan
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts

Clark's garage has a step though on diagnosing HVAC related issues. Lack of heat may be the heater valve and or lack of vacuum to said valve. It is made of plastic in 180*+ environment so they do fail....which can be a bad thing. 944online sells the real deal with the two hoses and clamps.

The door clips in the duct work can fail. I believe there is a 944sauna thread right now.

More details please. Is your coolant resevior low? Recent purge or refill? Air in the system will result in odd heating.

Proper diagnosis with these (and other cars )will save your wallet and your sanity.

Griffiths. Sorry for the misspelling. https://griffiths.com ... porsche AC systems maybe before porsche did AC systems)) I just made that up but they are the go to people for AC stuff.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

+1 on griffiths. They know their stuff. Used them for an upgrade on my 928S4 years ago. Great results and top notch service.

Have their compressor in my 968. Worked great when I took the car out of service for the air charging mod.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:37 AM
Motosport
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, the heat is actually working fine and now also the cold aircon. Its just that the temp dial seems out of calibration, because to get a comfy 22 degrees C inside the car, the dial has to be turned up to 27-28 degrees.

And if I set the dial to 22C like my other cars, it blows cold air as it must think I am asking for 16C temp. So its like the temp dial is 5-6 degrees off the actual temp.

Its not a big problem as such, as I can just set the desired temp at 27-28C and all is fine, I was just wondering if this is a common issue on the 944/968 climate controls, as I had exactly the same on my previous 951.

Alex.

Quick Reply: Trying to get familiar with my new 968..