968 Forum 1992-1995

Comments/questions on my new-to-me 968 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 02:43 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
I don't at all mind the threadjack - these boards exist for the benefit of all members. That being said, I would appreciate input on the third point of my original post... (already have gotten good feedback on the other points):

3. Driving around there is quite a bit of rattling/clanking coming from the rear hatch and sunroof areas. There are no leaks, just noises. I would like to quiet these. I have read that the rear hatch pins mounts/washers can be replaced which can quiet the clanky rear hatch noises - is this correct? What about noises from the sunroof assembly?
I don't know if the 968 can ever be made as solid or squeak/rattle-free as a 911, but I can think of several parts you can check to verify that they're in good condition...

Sunroof: Is it functioning properly and moving fully up and down? If a gear is broken or the front microswitch adjustment is stripped then these can cause rattles or noise from the sunroof, otherwise I'd expect it to be virtually silent.

Hatch: Is the rubber seal collapsed, worn, or shrinking anywhere around its perimeter? Is the hatch glass separating along the frame at the top adjacent to the roof? Are both hatch pins engaged in their locks with the rear hatch closed? Any of these problems could cause it to rattle or squeak.

Quick Reply: Comments/questions on my new-to-me 968 Coupe