968 Forum 1992-1995

Parade Prep

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 05:36 PM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,
That's sure an ambitious Parade prep! I haven't done it yet, but the next time the oil pan comes off the 951/968 it'll be getting stainless studs held in with blue loctite. That way I don't have to worry about the gasket moving around on me or the threads stripping out. Another Rennlister (ModdedEverything951S) had a similar problem when he had his engine out recently. I'm not certain but I recall that he used helicoil inserts to get everything back together. Not ideal but it still got the pan back on correctly.

Minta and I will be looking for you again, we're arriving Saturday around noon. Hopefully we can grab lunch and catch up!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:44 PM
dkdm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aaron,
So far no problems, put about 100 or so miles on the car just to check stuff out. I had lots of stuff off and I wanted to make sure everything shakes out okay.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:52 PM
dkdm
Instructor

Default Clean fuel

So I had the injectors rebuilt.
They did a very nice job!

I read that there is not a real fuel filter replacement spec but I image 20 years and 140K is about time! (okay actually found the recommended replacement interval, looks like 40,000 km/24,000 mls just little past due)

Last edited by dkdm; 06-28-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:05 PM
dkdm
Instructor

Default Ground Control (front)

The Ground Control stuff is nice!
Here are the front struts:

So after I got them on they were WAY TOO LOW! I could not get the jack out without putting a 2X4 under the tire. So after cranking on the adjuster and loosing all bounce in the shock I knew I wasn't right. I called Jay first thing Monday and he and the guys at GC sent out a fix via Air Mail
I installed it that night and made final adjustment Tuesday so I could get it aligned first thing Wednesday! Awesome customer attention!
Here's the fix:

I'm sitting a little below stock US height (once I re-index the rear I'll bring it down a little more).
Old 06-21-2013, 06:12 PM
dkdm
Instructor

Default Ground Control (rear)

Here's the rears:

I bought a $50 dollar spanner set from HF that had thin wrenches from 22mm to 36mm. I used the 24 and 36. Seems like I got about a half inch adjustment. Here's a picture of the adjuster and where to make the adjustment.

Now that all the easy work is done, I need to look for those towels!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:17 PM
dkdm
Instructor

Default Baggie Wheels

I'll leave this post as the last for now

I had the wheels off and they were clean so I installed garbage bags before cleaning!

PS: that's "quarter pounder" next to waiting for a bath. Keep waiting!

Quick Reply: Parade Prep