jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 121 Posts

Rears:
Old 05-20-2013, 11:21 AM
TheBlau
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to meet you Jim, Barbara and Bob! And great seeing Jeff and Greg as well. The speed yellow cars look great, all of them! Congrats to Jeff for winning his class in the concours event. Smaller turnout than expected, but a great display of cars nonetheless!

Here are a few iphone snaps.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:25 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 121 Posts
Default Event review.

This weekend marked the 2013 zone 1 concours, held in Portsmouth New Hampshire. Greg and I got a late start so we hit plenty of traffic on the way up but pulled into the host hotel at 7pm. First stop was the car wash. The 968 had been perfectly clean when I left but the stop and go traffic had ruined my clean yellow wheels so we had some work to do but an hour later we were looking good again. We checked into the hotel and found they ran a regular shuttle down to downtown Portsmouth which was about 5 miles away so we jumped on that in search of dinner. Portsmouth was an interesting place with old architecture and many shops and restaurants. The city center was bustling with activity as there were also many graduations that weekend as well. We found a seafood restaurant and enjoyed some fresh fish. Saturday morning we were up and greeted by a beautiful sunny day. After a quick breakfast we headed to the Redhook brewery, the site of the concours. We ran into Adam (slate grey M030 968) on the way there and he joined us in the check-in line. As soon as we rounded the bend to the set up area my eye quickly spotted Barbara’s speed yellow cab #2 up on the hill. Now, I have some history with Barbara’s car as it was sold by my local dealer back in 1996. I fell in love with it back then and I still have pictures of it with Greg as a 4 year old in the background. I had not seen the car since but it still looked as good as new after all these years. We spent the next hour doing the final detailing of the coupe while talking with Barbara and her husband Bob along with Adam. I had also contact Peggy, the owner of Speed Yellow cab #3 about attending the event and although she was out of the country that weekend she still wanted her cab to attend so she enlisted the assistance of her friend Jim. Jim flew up from North Carolina to pick up the car and join us. He had a little trouble but finally made it a couple of hours late. He threw me the keys and I parked SY cab #3 next to the other two cars to behold the amazing site. As you know, Speed Yellow 968s are rare. I have been a 968 fan since they first came out and when it comes to Speed Yellow cars, I have seen 4 of the cabs in person and only my coupe. I have never seen two of them together at one time so to see three, all I can say is wow!!! Thanks so much to Barbara and Bob for bringing out #2 and to Jim for his great efforts to get us to enjoy #3!!! It was an amazing site as the photos depict. I’m sure that the other Porsche fans at the show had no idea that the assembly of three SY 968s in one spot has probably never happened before. After the event we pulled to the side to do our own special 968 photo shoot and then bid farewell to our new friends. Before saying goodbye to Adam we swapped keys so I also got my first experience driving an M030 968 which was very cool. Adam has done a great job getting the car sorted and it looks great. We said goodbye to Adam and then Greg and I headed up to Maine (just a 5 minute drive over the bridge) and then back to downtown Portsmouth for further exploration. We reconvened with the other Porsche event attendees back at the hotel for a scenic drive on the way to our evening dinner. Our caravan of Porsches headed south on route 1-A along the coast and the views of the water and the beautiful homes was simply stunning. We had obligations on Sunday so we had to head home after a great dinner so we weren’t able to enjoy Sunday’s rally. The 2013 Zone 1 concours was a great event, great weather, fantastic scenery, and many great Porsches including some very special 968s.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:00 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

nice !
Old 05-20-2013, 03:40 PM
TheBlau
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Another shot courtesy of the NCR photographer:

His full concours photos here:

http://www.ncr-pca.org/coppermine/th....php?album=262
Old 05-25-2013, 12:21 AM
The NSX dude
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

great pics, needless to say speed yellow is the best color on a Porsche!

Quick Reply: Speed Yellow day in NH