Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 11:08 PM
mtnspeed
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick fix assistance - how to? Body Molding

Guys,

Two issues.

1. My molding recently started to pull out between the rear bumper cover and the rear quarterpanel. I have tried to "stuff" it back in, but have had no luck so far. It keeps getting worse. Seems really simple, but I can't figure out how to get it to hold? What do I need to do? Seems like I am going to have to drop the bumper cover?

2. Rocker panel skirt: passenger side has started to split from the body, and the clip that holds it up at the very rear end of it is gone. What is the part number for this? Can someone tell me where to get it? Seem like I might want to just get new molding at the same time...right?

Love some feedback
Attached Images   

Last edited by mtnspeed; 02-03-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Add pictures
Old 02-03-2013, 06:44 AM
968 GUY
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your molding looks a bit different than mine. Mine has a wire inserted at the end where yours is pulling out. It wraps around the cover to help hold that in place. Maybe loosen the bolts at that side of the cover and use a bit of double sided tape to help hold.
As for the rear, I do not have the part # as I am not at home right now, but I have ordered that before.
Check to make sure the clips and plastic inserts for the clip pins are good.
There are parts manuals to download, think Pelican has some, and you can go to the Porsche site and look for vintage parts cat.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:53 AM
mbardeen
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Autoatlanta has a parts catalog online. Makes ordering parts easy.

The clip you're looking for is: 94455977600

Take a good look at the molding panel itself, there's a slot cut in it for that clip. On my car that slot has broken (and the clip was missing). I'm not sure how I'm going to repair it, maybe with some epoxy and a bit of sheet metal.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:57 AM
mtnspeed
Rennlist Member

The slot is fine, but the clip is missing. thanks for the part #! This should help.

Originally Posted by mbardeen
Autoatlanta has a parts catalog online. Makes ordering parts easy.

The clip you're looking for is: 94455977600

Take a good look at the molding panel itself, there's a slot cut in it for that clip. On my car that slot has broken (and the clip was missing). I'm not sure how I'm going to repair it, maybe with some epoxy and a bit of sheet metal.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:59 AM
mtnspeed
Rennlist Member

Maybe that is the problem. The wire has snapped about 5 inches back and retracted towards the rear. Thanks!

Originally Posted by 968 GUY
Your molding looks a bit different than mine. Mine has a wire inserted at the end where yours is pulling out. It wraps around the cover to help hold that in place. Maybe loosen the bolts at that side of the cover and use a bit of double sided tape to help hold.
As for the rear, I do not have the part # as I am not at home right now, but I have ordered that before.
Check to make sure the clips and plastic inserts for the clip pins are good.
There are parts manuals to download, think Pelican has some, and you can go to the Porsche site and look for vintage parts cat.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 128 Posts

i have ayi article i did on the rocker repair. pm me with your email address and i'll send it to you.

Quick Reply: Quick fix assistance - how to? Body Molding