968 Forum 1992-1995

968 widebody Does anyone have one ? Looking for a quality kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 08:26 PM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 968 widebody Does anyone have one ? Looking for a quality kit

Im looking to do a widebody flare kit for my 968. Does anyone have experience with any of the widebody flares offered for our cars. If so which kit has the best fitment:
Gt racing
AIR (american international Racing)
Any others ?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:50 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Not sure if there's much out there Waqqas. You could do the GT2 bolt on flares which look good. Pretty simple and cheap. Depends on how wide a tyre you want to go for though.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

you setting up a car for the track ?

car already built ? there's not much out there.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:54 AM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Not sure if there's much out there Waqqas. You could do the GT2 bolt on flares which look good. Pretty simple and cheap. Depends on how wide a tyre you want to go for though.
Hey Patrick which vendor do you recommend, I want to do 285/295 front and 315/325 rear
Old 10-19-2012, 02:58 AM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by odurandina
you setting up a car for the track ?

car already built ? there's not much out there.
Actually I'm building the car now. This will be for street/track. Im planning on doing the d9 993 fenders with widebody GT2 flares like Patrick is recommending. Trying to have a clean wide racecar look.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:26 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

You know, it might be worth dropping a line to Mike at IFC. He's a great guy to deal with and he is very accommodating. Not sure what he has for 968 stuff, but you never know what he might come up with Waqqas. Tell him I sent you. I'm doing some stuff with him now.
ifcracing@frontier.com

If no good, well I actually have a Broadfoot GT2 kit here (minus the bumper panel). So basically the 4 GT2 flares and the 2 rockers. Same as I had on my Black car (what's not to like ). The only thing is shipping is a bitch. I guess if it got sent by Sea it could be worth your while. I've got it all brand new in a box. Not sure on the box dimensions. I can find out.

You can run wider tyres up front but it's important to sort the suspension and offset. Same with rear. They say you can run 335's out back but I'm not so sure. Again, you'd have to be perfect with all your measurements. Remember, 335 is massive and 98% of the time you won't get them up to heat. Therefore they'll be worse, not better than a narrower tyre. Be very careful. When you lose traction on a big tyre it will come without warning. I know you have big plans for this build. I just don't want you to run into potential problems.

What are the 993 rear panels you refer too?
Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2012, 04:36 AM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Hey Patrick, I did shoot a line over to Mike and I did tell him im coming from your reference. The 993 conversion fenders IMO make the car look more clean plus you cant argue the improvement the projector will give over stock.
Here is a link:
https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...version-4.html

Also put me a quote together on your kit. Do you know if the BF gt2 kit will work with the 968? I would be interested. Man your black car looked so nice that's my favorite.

And you are absolutely right about the tires being to big, I think I should stay with something more practical like 285 f 305 r plus thats a more common size.

You know, it might be worth dropping a line to Mike at IFC. He's a great guy to deal with and he is very accommodating. Not sure what he has for 968 stuff, but you never know what he might come up with Waqqas. Tell him I sent you. I'm doing some stuff with him now.
ifcracing@frontier.com

If no good, well I actually have a Broadfoot GT2 kit here (minus the bumper panel). So basically the 4 GT2 flares and the 2 rockers. Same as I had on my Black car (what's not to like ). The only thing is shipping is a bitch. I guess if it got sent by Sea it could be worth your while. I've got it all brand new in a box. Not sure on the box dimensions. I can find out.

You can run wider tyres up front but it's important to sort the suspension and offset. Same with rear. They say you can run 335's out back but I'm not so sure. Again, you'd have to be perfect with all your measurements. Remember, 335 is massive and 98% of the time you won't get them up to heat. Therefore they'll be worse, not better than a narrower tyre. Be very careful. When you lose traction on a big tyre it will come without warning. I know you have big plans for this build. I just don't want you to run into potential problems.

What are the 993 rear panels you refer too?
Old 10-22-2012, 07:30 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Hmm, interesting. I'd like to see more detailed pics. Not sure I'm 100% in love with that conversion but not making my mind up either. Have you communicated with Mark or Beni of late?

I just assumed the B/foot kit worked. Pretty sure the rockers are actually a bit of a copy of the 968 ones to a degree. To be fair, there's no kit that is 100% bolt on but if you've got the right guys doing the fitting it would be fine. My guys actually cut the oem fender opening and welded it clean up to increase wheel clearance. Still didn't help me in the end. But I am sure my offsets weren't ideal for my car. Quite a bit of room on the inside.

So are you keeping the 951 or moving the whole car on to build the 968? It's a great looking car now and the motor is rocking!
Old 10-23-2012, 02:28 PM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

Hmm, interesting. I'd like to see more detailed pics. Not sure I'm 100% in love with that conversion but not making my mind up either. Have you communicated with Mark or Beni of late?

I just assumed the B/foot kit worked. Pretty sure the rockers are actually a bit of a copy of the 968 ones to a degree. To be fair, there's no kit that is 100% bolt on but if you've got the right guys doing the fitting it would be fine. My guys actually cut the oem fender opening and welded it clean up to increase wheel clearance. Still didn't help me in the end. But I am sure my offsets weren't ideal for my car. Quite a bit of room on the inside.

So are you keeping the 951 or moving the whole car on to build the 968? It's a great looking car now and the motor is rocking!
I'm going to shoot you an email.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:32 PM
spoolin51
Three Wheelin'

I have been communicating with Benjamin from D9 he's given me a few prices on some of his products the only killer is once again shipping. I do understand all widebody kits need work. My body guy said the same thing, he would have to cut the fender in order to do the kit the correct way, allowing you to run a wider tire. How come when they installed your kit it didnt really help you? Im curious to know so I dont make that same mistake
I am going to part the whole 951 and go with the 968 project only because the 968 is cleaner, newer and needs less body work. Im currently looking at crate motors from texas speed and performance to drop into 968. I'm preparing for a boosted v8 setup.
I didnt know you have a 968 ? What color and what are your plans.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:49 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Shoot me an email Waqqas.

Quick Reply: 968 widebody Does anyone have one ? Looking for a quality kit