Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

13K mile 968 on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Shorrock
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought it and will pick it up from Porsche of Greenville next Friday to drive back to Denver. It has been a long time coming and I am quite excited about the car. The Tip is perfect as my left knee is getting pretty bad these day and I have been forced to put the stick down. While I know it is not the same I have gotten to really like the DSG in my wife’s A3 quite a lot and don’t miss the clutch or pain! It just came through Porsche of Greenville pre-buy inspection with flying colors and I will have them do an all fluids/filters, the front engine service and tensioner pads. The previous family had the oil changed every couple of years, one brake fluid change, one A/C recharge, a battery, a set of tires and that is it besides the unfortunate front end repair. I took a look at the body shop estimate for the repair work done by Porsche of Greenville and it was minor surface damage that cost 5k to repair with all new factory parts.

Anything else prep wise recommended for the drive home?

Any recommendations for a drop in stereo head replacement for the Toronto Sqr-46 that is compatible with the 494 Amplifier and 450 Sound Package. It think I read that the Toronto outputs to the Amp are at normal volume signal levels so that may make it difficult. I am just looking for an aux in function. Be nice if there was a newer Blaupunkt that would interface directly.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:01 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 128 Posts

Congrats Shorrock!!! Looks like a nice car. Besides being an early one (#76 of the 2,234 full NA production run) it is a rare one. Although G1 Red is the second most popular color with 548 produced only 12 of them were paired with a classic grey interior. Cliff on this site also has 1 of the 12. If you are a PCA member, don't forget to sign up with the 968 register.
Thanks
Jeff
Old 10-11-2012, 11:20 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

congratulations !

welcome !!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Shorrock
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both!

I spoke with the Porsche service manager today and they are having a hard time locating the chain tensioner pads and was surprised I wanted them replaced which he did not think was necessary.

From what I have read they should be every 5 years regardless of mileage. Thoughts on this one?

Should I located them else wares and have them overnighted to them to put in while they are doing the front engine work or wait till I get it back to Denver?

I am quite paranoid about these type of issues and am leaning towards getting some to them if they cannot.

Where from if you think I need to?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:46 AM
mbardeen
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

If they look fine with little wear, they're probably fine. The main problem would be if one has broken or if they have worn down a lot.

Mine, which I'm almost sure have never been changed, are still quite serviceable at 67K miles and 19 years of age.

Regardless, Paragon Porsche has them for $22 each. They should have them in stock.
http://www.paragon-products.com/Cams...5.201.rail.htm

Quick Reply: 13K mile 968 on eBay