Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Any simple way to defeat/reset immobilizer alarm without the Bosch hammer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 09:35 PM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Any simple way to defeat/reset immobilizer alarm without the Bosch hammer?

Since my wiring fault triggered the attempt to start with the key not in, I've repaired the wiring and now the alarm is set. I tried getting in and locking all the doors, then turning the key on and off, I tried closing the hood, unlocking the hatch, locking the doors, and then use the key. The car will crank fine, but not fire and the horn is doing the 'beep-beep-beep-beep-beep'.

I have access to a hammer but not right now and would like to test drive the car. At least I have the wiring fixed on the starter to ignition fault.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:38 PM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

48 views, and no commentary. Hmmm, good thing I'm not paranoid(but they really are out to get me, heeheehahahoohoo).

To reset alarm/immobilizer:

All anti-theft sense points must be off. Hatch closed, glove box closed, radio in, hood down, doors closed. Both contacts on the hatch must be seated or it will fail. Use key in door lock to lock the car, both doors will lock, wait 2 seconds then unlock door with key. You cannot use the key in the hatch(unlock release only), and you must wait 2 seconds for the alarm to reset.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

i had a similar problem last winter in Fort Lauderdale. alarm wouldn't turn off..... keys in door, ignition. nothing. and no start. i panicked and just started ripping **** out of the fuse box.... fuses, all the big relays, everything. then disconnected the battery. tried starting with no dme in, no horn relay in and on and on.... then i put everything back in. reconnected the battery... alarm kept going off.... locked and unlocked the door key and the alarm still went off. the alarm kept sounding even after i had tons more stuff pulled out of the fuse box... half the fuses, almost everything.... i still have no idea how that happens or how i fixed the problem. oh.... and sometimes after it rains for a few days the dam alarm keeps going off until i unlock the doors. i want an alarm bypass, but nobody on the 968 channel has a how to.

still thinking eliminating the horns wouldn't be a bad idea.

since there's no way to turn them off in an emergency.... fuses, relays, nothing.... short of just disconnecting the batttery.

what good are they then ? P-cars..... most cars.... mostly P-cars.

the alarm system is not your friend.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:45 AM
968 GUY
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to disconnect batt. on the 951 to reset the alarm.
Pulling fuse or relay may do the same.
I haven't looked at clarks yet,but it may have a procedure.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:53 PM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968 GUY
I had to disconnect batt. on the 951 to reset the alarm.
Pulling fuse or relay may do the same.
I haven't looked at clarks yet,but it may have a procedure.
Don't know about a 951, but a 968 disconnect batt does not work(I had the batt out to repair the wires). Pulling fuses for various things does not work, I didn't try every fuse in the tray, but when the batt removal didn't solve it I gave up on fuses. There is a bypass procedure for the 944/951 but the alarm in the 968 is significantly different. I'm investigating bypass methods for the 968 now.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:26 AM
968 GUY
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My alarm has only gone off once,and can't remember why, seems like I had the hatch popped but not open and opened it...alarm, but it reset.

Quick Reply: Any simple way to defeat/reset immobilizer alarm without the Bosch hammer?