968 Forum 1992-1995

Hershey 2012 wrap-up

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 122 Posts
Default Hershey 2012 wrap-up

Well, this weekend saw another PCA swap in Hershey and we had a great time. The weather turned out to be great on both days. We left in good fashion on Friday morning and made it to Hershey around 3pm. While cleaned up the car I was soon joined at the Hilton car wash by Paige and Emma with their white 968 cab. After a quick dinner it was back to the Hilton for our 968 cruise night. We had a good group of 968ers along with a few fans as we spent the beautiful night admiring the cars and talking about our experiences with them. Multiple event attendees were there including Don, Cosimo, Aaron, and Minta. New 968ers Ron and Constance showed up with their new machine all the way from Ohio. Their 968 is quite unique and I’ll feature it in the next register newsletter. All together we had 11 968s attend the cruise. Saturday morning greeted us with some partly cloudy skies so we knew we had a nice day in store for us. We got to the swap and parked with the usual gang of 928s and 944s. We had a good group of 968s. I counted 25 in total by the end of the day. I talked with a lot of old friends and met a few new ones. Frank and his son brought their beautiful 968 black CS replica. The car was beautifully done without a detailed missed. The swap was well attended with the usual vendors bringing their many treasures. Ron made out well with the purchase of a like new set of 968 shop manuals for only $150. The sun made a full showing and the Porsches continued to pile into the event. I’m sure they had over 1,000 in attendance. There were 2 Carrera GTs parked a few spots over from the 968s. As the afternoon wore on the cars started to leave. We said good bye and made our way home. It was a great event and a fun time.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:16 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

great pics Jeff. well,
i'm coming next time to see all your beautiful cars.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:23 AM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wife and I made a last minute decision to roll up there Saturday morning since I had been up since 2:30 am and had gotten several things done around the house. I forgot Jeff was bringing his yellow coupe and when I first saw the roof of it over in the concours area I was expecting it to be the strosek one. Pretty cars all around, I spent far too much time with my wife looking at 356s. As usual nothing in the parts area that I needed or wanted for the 968 but it was a beautiful morning to wander the lot.

Quick Reply: Hershey 2012 wrap-up