968 Forum 1992-1995

Motor Mount Reviews/Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 04:45 PM
wpb968
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Mount Reviews/Recommendations

I am busy buying parts and gearing up for installing the new(er) 968 motor that I bought last month. In addition to the motor swap, I will be replacing motor mounts, fuel lines, a/c hoses, and possibly upgrading the clutch and flywheel.

Is replacement of the motor mount with the OEM Porsche mount sufficient? I have heard the non-OEM imitation motor mounts are to be avoided.

Has anyone installed the Lindsey Racing Ultra Mount? I am interested in reviews of the rubber in shear model of the Ultra Mount, not the solid mount. Is the adjustable height a big deal? Does it create too much vibration? Worth the extra cash over the OEM Porsche mount?

I plan to use the car as a daily driver and for DE/track days. Thanks for the feedback.

Steve
Old 11-30-2011, 05:33 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

the product of the 968 rotating assembly's large moment of inertia multiplied by the angular velocity when dropping the clutch is your friend..... as in, no small displacement four feel. the issue with the time that it takes to spool the engine is much less of a factor. i think the factory guys knew what they were doing. personally, i'd leave the stock flywheel and clutch, stock.

you have the oportunity to hear a stock system with a killer exhaust since i'm in your area....

let me know.

good luck with everything.

JDS in 3, 2, 1.......
Old 11-30-2011, 09:32 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used OEM, the fake ones ,and currently I have the Ultramounts on the racecar. For street/stock stick with OEM, they are the best, compliant and last a long time. The knockoffs are junk, they are solid as opposed to fluid filled, avoid at all costs.

Ultramounts are great for performance applications but not necessary on a 968. They would make street driving less enjoyable and little to no benefit for DE.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:45 PM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
JDS in 3, 2, 1.......
What?

I'm still running OEM mounts, never tried anything else.

I've got a set of Lindsey Racing solid mounts in a box, but I'm not planning on installing them until I do the turbo project. Someday.

Quick Reply: Motor Mount Reviews/Recommendations