Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Almost Done!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

You should lower the car a bit. Seem to sit a bit high. Very nice.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:24 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah, I see what you mean by "not seamless" but it's really not too bad. More storage space is always handy. So, do you still have a radio somewhere in the car? I ask because you still have an antenna.

I love the short antenna. The shorter the better! I have an 8"... my buddy has a 1" and it looks great.

Tailpipes are easy to do. Even the local auto parts stores have nice exhaust tips. And then if you want more choices than you can handle, you can check summit racing or ebay.

Yeah, I guess the wheels are close to the fender. Why not go with the boxster variety of that wheel, so you have 7" and 9" with more offset, then you can tweak how far your wheel sticks out with small spacers (if even needed), and fit up to 255s in the front and 295s in the rear if you wanted. Narrower wheels are lighter too. Just my 2 cents. You could also leave it alone.

The car looks spectacular overall, kudos, I can't wait to see what your next phase does.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 PM
9ines
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
Yeah, I see what you mean by "not seamless" but it's really not too bad. More storage space is always handy. So, do you still have a radio somewhere in the car? I ask because you still have an antenna.

I love the short antenna. The shorter the better! I have an 8"... my buddy has a 1" and it looks great.

Tailpipes are easy to do. Even the local auto parts stores have nice exhaust tips. And then if you want more choices than you can handle, you can check summit racing or ebay.

Yeah, I guess the wheels are close to the fender. Why not go with the boxster variety of that wheel, so you have 7" and 9" with more offset, then you can tweak how far your wheel sticks out with small spacers (if even needed), and fit up to 255s in the front and 295s in the rear if you wanted. Narrower wheels are lighter too. Just my 2 cents. You could also leave it alone.

The car looks spectacular overall, kudos, I can't wait to see what your next phase does.
No radio, I just listen to the car - the antenna is just for looks now :-).
I got the wheels for a steal on eBay, so I'm going to keep them for a while. The wheels are heavy enough without adding more tire...
Old 06-15-2011, 09:05 PM
9ines
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
You should lower the car a bit. Seem to sit a bit high. Very nice.
I want to. It looks at least a 1.5" drop all around. I'm doing research on springs now and trying to understand the rear height adjustment.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:09 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I hardly ever use my stereo, so I see where you're coming from. In fact I wear ear plugs on long drives. And I've thought about deleting my roof antenna and installing a glass-mount antenna, to make the roof like a 944, but plugging the hole would be difficult so it'll probably never happen.

Well just to add to your confusion, the easy way to lower the car is by loosening the eccentric adjustment bolt on the trailing arm, however the amount of drop differs from car to car, but is usually about 0.75". If you want 1.5", you can try the eccentric and see if you get lucky, but you will probably have to re-index your torsion bars. Which is not fun!

Or you can put sandbags in your trunk... haha!

Quick Reply: Almost Done!