Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

968 VarioCam

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 09:49 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

well after all that, just get a 944.

Last edited by odurandina; 06-05-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Texas_951
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
that all being said, just get a 944.
Thanks so much for all the information! Very informative! I couldn't have asked for anything more really.

Although, I can tell you from personal experience that it didn't take 10's of thousands of dollars to build a reliable 1000 hp Viper motor that I posted on on the previous page. As far as the engine life, I'm not 100% positive, b/c I haven't seen the same setup elsewhere. But I believe it will be fine for a long time to come. Obviously not a Daily Driver...
Old 06-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Texas_951
Intermediate

[QUOTE=ernie9468;8612264][QUOTE=Texas_951;8612214]
Originally Posted by ernie9468

Your response shoud read "grammaire respond moi en Francais" not "gramaire respond moi on Francais". I hate to see that you can't get your native language correct.

Hold on Buddy____ I'm a simple working men not a school or language teacher,if you got nothing more positive to say about my writing skill I'll do something I never did on any forum up until now since I'm not this type of person but telling you rigth now GO F*%/"K yourself.
I'm a businessman myself, but for you to explain your slightly off English grammer as mistake due to you French heritage, then to get your French wrong is... well... it is what it is. Your final comment is over the top though.

I'm not your buddy, guy, and I'm not your guy, friend, I'm not your friend, buddy... A little South Park humor for you...

If you weren't that type of person, you wouldn't do it. But I'm not taking offense.

I'd just like to know if someone can tell me who built the body kit in that 1st pic of the 968 posted on the last page.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:33 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

it was built by a bodykit shop in Hungary a few years back.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Texas_951
Intermediate

it was built by a bodykit shop in Hungary a few years back.
Ok, that goes back to my original question, Is there anything available on the market for the 968 that looks that good? I've researched and exhuasted time, but I can't find anything.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:12 AM
SDDave
Advanced

Hey everyone!

I've been thinking about buying either a 951 or a 968, and thought I would ask for your opinions.

Basically, I believe the 968 is sh*t. It doesn't have any of the features I'm looking for, I can't turn it into a rice rocket, buy garish body panels for it, or beat a 1000hp Viper with it. Oh, and Car and Driver doesn't like Porsche's Variocam. I get all my car facts from Car and Driver, so this is very important. Oddly, they never have anything bad to say about BMW, but I digress...

On the other hand, the 951 is God's gift to the tuning world, and you can run circles around exotic cars with one by puting just a couple hundred bucks into it. You can buy a wing for it big enough to nest eagles in, and we all know that's what makes a car fast. It has to be the best-kept secret of the automotive world, because people keep buying Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Vipers, and Aston Martins.... SUCKERS!!!!

Oh, and don't bother mentioning a 911. I have no interest in the most successful, longest-tenured, iconic and legendary sports cars in the world. I am, after all, an EDUCATED car aficionado, don't you know (pinky out!).

So as you can see, I am really undecided. Can you help?

Also, please don't disagree with me about anything I have said. My ego is rather fragile, and I may lash out at you in childish ways, like correcting your grammar and such.

You all seem like a bunch of uneducated imbiciles, so thanks for taking your time to help!

Dave

PS- So when is someone going to fess up to creating an alternate account and getting a laugh on all of us with this thread?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Texas_951
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SDDave
Hey everyone!

I've been thinking about buying either a 951 or a 968, and thought I would ask for your opinions.

Basically, I believe the 968 is sh*t. It doesn't have any of the features I'm looking for, I can't turn it into a rice rocket, buy garish body panels for it, or beat a 1000hp Viper with it. Oh, and Car and Driver doesn't like Porsche's Variocam. I get all my car facts from Car and Driver, so this is very important. Oddly, they never have anything bad to say about BMW, but I digress...

On the other hand, the 951 is God's gift to the tuning world, and you can run circles around exotic cars with one by puting just a couple hundred bucks into it. You can buy a wing for it big enough to nest eagles in, and we all know that's what makes a car fast. It has to be the best-kept secret of the automotive world, because people keep buying Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Vipers, and Aston Martins.... SUCKERS!!!!

Oh, and don't bother mentioning a 911. I have no interest in the most successful, longest-tenured, iconic and legendary sports cars in the world. I am, after all, an EDUCATED car aficionado, don't you know (pinky out!).

So as you can see, I am really undecided. Can you help?

Also, please don't disagree with me about anything I have said. My ego is rather fragile, and I may lash out at you in childish ways, like correcting your grammar and such.

You all seem like a bunch of uneducated imbiciles, so thanks for taking your time to help!

Dave

PS- So when is someone going to fess up to creating an alternate account and getting a laugh on all of us with this thread?
Dave, The jerkstore called, and they're running out of you. You're their all time best seller!

P.S. My viper I posted on the previous page would spank the absolute Crap out of any car on this forum... period. Take a good look twin screw Rowe Charger and NOS Dave, because all you will see on the street or track is the rear bumper! (except for when I lapping you).

P.S.S. Don't invite me to reply in your native French tounge to "see how well I do at another language", then take offense at me (an American) correcting your French. Then chalk your bad grammar in French and English up to "I'm not a teacher." Either am I, Either am I, but I get it right. It's called Attention to detail. It reflects in your life. If you don't pay attention to writing, you probably don't pay attention to the car you work on, or the teeth you brush, or the butt you wipe. You're going to want to do something about those dingleberries, before you get an infection. You must be missing a chromosome. One short indeed. Wear that helmet with pride though, b/c there's nothing you can do about it. You fit right in up in Canada, eh...

In the famous words... "Eff you, Eff you, and Eff you, I'm out" (in my viper looking for 911s, 968s, 944s, Ferrari Enzos and Italias, Audis, Aston Martins and Lame-Bo's to spank on this Saturday night.)

Last edited by Texas_951; 06-05-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Texas_951
Intermediate

you're probably right Dave. seems like our new visitor could be the same scammer they had on the '44 forums a few months back. still early, but definitely a fine entrance.
Join date : Jan 2010. Must have been planning this for a year and a half. dumb effers...
Old 06-05-2011, 01:07 AM
SDDave
Advanced

Wow... just, wow... do we have any psychologists among the crew here that can confirm the severe inferiority complex we are dealing with? (And his grammar is slipping BIG time in that last post, too!).

I guess all that's left to say can be summed up in the immortal words of Dr. Peter Venkman:

"Yes, it's true, Your Honor. This man has no dick".

Dave
Old 06-05-2011, 01:10 AM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Texas _951 GLAD YOUR F%%//"ING off this forum ,in my book you nothing but (UN TROU DE CUL) AH.Go play with your Viper "if it's really your & not pics borrowed from the internet somewhere,peoples like you are unwelcome here once more (VAS CHIER) go take a crap on your viper motor.BY BY (AUREVOIR PISSEU)
Old 06-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Texas_951
Intermediate

Wow... just, wow... do we have any psychologists among the crew here that can confirm the severe inferiority complex we are dealing with? (And his grammar is slipping BIG time in that last post, too!).

I guess all that's left to say can be summed up in the immortal words of Dr. Peter Venkman:

"Yes, it's true, Your Honor. This man has no dick".

Dave
Jerkstore!
Old 06-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Texas_951
Intermediate

Texas _951 GLAD YOUR F%%//"ING off this forum ,in my book you nothing but (UN TROU DE CUL) AH.Go play with your Viper "if it's really your & not pics borrowed from the internet somewhere,peoples like you are unwelcome here once more (VAS CHIER) go take a crap on your viper motor.BY BY (AUREVOIR PISSEU)
Ich Scheiße Ihre 968
Me cago en su 968
Je chie sur votre 968

oooh, calling me an ******* ect... in French. Everyone knows the French are, by definition, ********. (and stink like crap, and chicks dont shave their pits)

By the way, it's "AU REVOIR", not "AUREVOIR" Frenchy. Just wave that white flag, we all know you want to...

Try to find those Viper pics on the internet, you won't b/c it's mine. You drageons téton got the exclusive.

1000 hp with A/C.

Last edited by Texas_951; 06-05-2011 at 02:47 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Texas_951
Intermediate

...the severe inferiority complex we are dealing with?
...(And his grammar is slipping BIG time in that last post, too!).

Dave
Dave, If you spell imbecile "imbicile" like you did in a previous post, you must be, well, an I-M-B-E-C-I-L-E. Your spelling and grammar blows, pay attention to detail. I'm sure your boss loves your sloppy work.

Inferior, let's see... hmmm.... my 1000 hp vs your 250hp. My little cousin's Turbo Hyabusa has more hp than that... Get real... A Honda Accord can kick your butt...

As a matter of fact, I have more HP than a Bugatti Veyron. You have more horsepower than my naturally aspirated lawnmower, but not by much.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Texas_951
Intermediate

(VAS CHIER)
Just remember that France doesn't like you fake frenchies. I can tell you're not originally from France or you would have written Va Chier. Go give some mounties fellation.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:16 AM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its not often you see a thread get locked on rennlist

Quick Reply: 968 VarioCam