968 Forum 1992-1995

turn signal bulb question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:30 AM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signal bulb question

so i replaced my turn signals with the euro style from Porsche and when i was changing them out, i noticed they came with new bulbs/sockets. i decided to just keep mine even though one bulb was pretty dark and obviously on the way out. i figured i could just use the bulbs that came with the housings when my old bulb finally died...

well it died. so i went to replace the bulb and found that my original bulb is a dual filament and the replacement (that came with the euro signals) is a single filament. what's more, is that the sockets aren't even the same! one is obviously made for a dual filament and the other is for a single...(the contacts are single and dual respectively...) was the single filament bulb a euro thing or has my car been altered?
Old 04-03-2011, 01:41 AM
968workaholic
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Euro lenses use single filaments in the front lenses because they had the turn signal lights on the front genders to indicate that you are changing lanes
Old 04-03-2011, 01:42 AM
968workaholic
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol fenders wasn't in my spell check dictionary yet
Old 04-03-2011, 03:25 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

ahhhhh!!! thanks! i think you're the only person on the planet that knew that offhand... i called 3 stealerships too including sunset... thanks again!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:17 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by sydneyman2007
ahhhhh!!! thanks! i think you're the only person on the planet that knew that offhand... i called 3 stealerships too including sunset... thanks again!
Wrong he is the second person on the planet since I already knew that to.The single filament bulbe PET no is 900 631 127 90 ___ the double filaments is 900 631 128 90 M97. Congrats now your the third person who knows.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:35 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sydneyman2007
so i replaced my turn signals with the euro style from Porsche and when i was changing them out, i noticed they came with new bulbs/sockets. i decided to just keep mine even though one bulb was pretty dark and obviously on the way out. i figured i could just use the bulbs that came with the housings when my old bulb finally died...

well it died. so i went to replace the bulb and found that my original bulb is a dual filament and the replacement (that came with the euro signals) is a single filament. what's more, is that the sockets aren't even the same! one is obviously made for a dual filament and the other is for a single...(the contacts are single and dual respectively...) was the single filament bulb a euro thing or has my car been altered?
You had it all figured out yourself as well!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:08 AM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
You had it all figured out yourself as well!
haha yeah i know, but its easy to second guess yourself when you're normally wrong...

Quick Reply: turn signal bulb question