Air bag ligth one???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 07:39 AM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 76 911s
Did you get my email? You need to jumper the female side of the plug. 12ga wire works.
Thank's a million ,no didn't get any email .Will try it this morning & see,there is a storm coming up here would you believe 25 centimeter of snow + freezing rain.Lol I think I'm gone to move out to BC you guys are probably driving around & enjoying your ride ,here it will be at least another month before we are on the roads ,will let you know how thing turn out ,take care.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:10 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jfrahm

Anyway if the airbag brain senses a problem with the airbag system it needs to be reset with a Bosch Hammer or similar tool.

- Disable the airbag brain.

Personally I think it's smarter to keep the airbag system working unless you are really old, really small,

-Joel.
_____Had no other choice but to disable the air bag since the closest Bosch Hamer tool is at a seven hours drive from me.Buying one doesn't make any sense, there is lot of other maintenance parts for my car that I can get for the price of a Hammer tool & I'm really in preventive maintenaince when it come to my P cars. Lol yes I'm kind of old (66) & short 5'5" so that migth have help me making my choice,I've survive 26 years driving my 944 without a darn air bag so touching wood & just hoping some soccer Mom don't drive her SUV into me. Once more__ 76 911s__ thank you for all the help provided ,finish the job about an hour ago (worst part was to try to secure the jumper in the connector so it want wiggles free) , started the car & let her run for a while and everything is just find.Still like mention I'm a little puzzle here has why the ligth came on with the resistor install at the steering wheel.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had done the same install as you, Ernie, with the 3ohm resistor.

One day at autocross, the radiator fans would not shut off, and it drained the battery completely. When we jump started the car, the airbag light came back on, and would not go away. Take it for what you will..
Old 03-18-2011, 09:45 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Talking

Originally Posted by ernie9468;8394243

[QUOTE=Rich Sandor;8395346
I had done the same install as you, Ernie, with the 3ohm resistor.

One day at autocross, the radiator fans would not shut off, and it drained the battery completely. When we jump started the car, the airbag light came back on, and would not go away. Take it for what you will..
Seem like your not the only one that happen to after jumping the car ,also did the same to Miles 968 ,what did you do to fix the problem or did the ligth just when out by itself ?Again like mention it's wasn't my case the battery was fully charge.Maybe one of the drawback with the install 3ohm is that when the battery run down & you have to jump start the ligth will come on.But nowhere in my search did the problem was mention either here or other forum ,learn something new everyday I guest.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Miles968
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

The light will never go out by itself. It must be reset with the the Bosch hammer or other tool. So anything you have done while the !(master alarm) light is on, you will have no idea of it's effect until the light has been reset. Even cutting or jumping the airbag will have no effect on the !(master alarm) , you may however get the airbag light itself to go out.
just my 2 cents trying to help and not seem like a jerk in the process
Old 03-18-2011, 10:24 PM
76 911s
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ernie9468
Thank's a million ,no didn't get any email .Will try it this morning & see,there is a storm coming up here would you believe 25 centimeter of snow + freezing rain.Lol I think I'm gone to move out to BC you guys are probably driving around & enjoying your ride ,here it will be at least another month before we are on the roads ,will let you know how thing turn out ,take care.
Err...that would be because I replied to the Rennlist alert, and didn't use the link with your address... My bad. Glad you got it figured out.

Its 10 degrees here today, perfect driving weather. I exchanged thumbs up with someone yesterday driving the 968 CS I missed out on.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:20 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Talking

Originally Posted by 76 911s

Its 10 degrees here today, perfect driving weather. I exchanged thumbs up with someone yesterday driving the 968 CS I missed out on.
Well after all we didn't get buried in the snow,turn to freezing rain but today the sun is out with temp hoovering around 12F & that S@H%T is melting away.Yes I heard there is a couple of Japan imported CS running around Vancouver,down here they are somewhat rare birds ,a guy had two for sale in Fredericton but price was out of reach ,if I remember well asking was $27,000K CDN. of course they were prestine low mileage one but still pretty stiff on the wallet.Take care.

Quick Reply: Air bag ligth one???