968 Forum 1992-1995

Turbo RS Centrelock Hubs

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 12:14 AM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Hmmm looks like D9 would do well to produce/sell a whole kit...yes?
Old 02-20-2011, 06:52 AM
flipo
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@Mark&Beni

Are you planning to make this as a kit ,and if so when do you think this would be ready ? what would be the cost of such a kit?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 PM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Something else I just thought of: When replacing stock 968 spindles with M030, is it necessary to upgrade to 968 M030 brake calipers and rotors as well?
Old 02-21-2011, 08:36 AM
flipo
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mounting of the calipers is different on the M030 spindels ,you could use adapters to get the original calipers to fit but i think it would be easier and better to get the big calipers.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 PM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark, some interesting projects you undertake!

I have spoke to Paul a couple of times sometime in the past, pleasant bloke. Also quite sure i had a good look around 'Bubbles' at Silverstone, unfortunately on the back of a low loader possibly from a small problem and no spares. Might even have some photos somewhere.

JP

p.s. i'm based in Cheshire also.
Hi JP, any pics would be fantastic if you can dig some out. Paul used to track the car on a regular basis and has since moved on to a Mosler after selling.

I actually have seen your car on the street on a few occasions – looks fantastic and well shorted. I’m in Wilmslow, Cheshire

For all four corners you'd need...........
Hi Julian, I will promise to get back to you in detail regards our PM’s once Beni is back from Spain later this week

Hmmm looks like D9 would do well to produce/sell a whole kit...yes?

@Mark&Beni

Are you planning to make this as a kit ,and if so when do you think this would be ready ? what would be the cost of such a kit?
Yes, to make a full kit front and rear is the plan but at this current time I unfortunately really do not have an idea on costs however the fact that there should be good interest from 944 owners also will help to reduce

Something else I just thought of: When replacing stock 968 spindles with M030, is it necessary to upgrade to 968 M030 brake calipers and rotors as well?
The mounting of the calipers is different on the M030 spindels ,you could use adapters to get the original calipers to fit but i think it would be easier and better to get the big calipers.
As flipo points out a full M030 upgrade would be best but not necessary if just for looks reference brakes.

Best regards,
Mark

Quick Reply: Turbo RS Centrelock Hubs