Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Anderson Motorworks at Willlow Springs!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 02:35 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anderson Motorworks at Willlow Springs!

Well folks,
The 84 NA is making the big trek to Willow Springs next weekend. We'll see how the new 3.1 does on the longer tracks. We will run the stock 84 brakes, with dust sheilds removed and some very direct ducting from the front of the car to the brakes. We have a full coilover suspension, non LSD tranny, and will be running Hoosier 245/50/15's in the rear and 225/50/15's up front. I know, you will say we need brakes and wheels...I know we do. But this time out is to really push the motor, I want to torture the hell out of it. So far its held just fine. Compression is still 280PSI accross the cylinders and the leakdown is near 1 percent, on three with 2.5 percent on the fourth. Well run it at 13.25:1 compression on race gas. The oil cooler is also stock for the year and model. The goal...obviously...make it work :-)

The car will be corner balanced and aligned for willow, and weighs in at a hefty 2400lbs.

I hope to see a few of you up there! If you attend, or just show up to watch, give me a yell. I'd like to meet some of you guys!

Well, wish us luck!

Quick Reply: Anderson Motorworks at Willlow Springs!