Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Thinking about getting out of formula and into a P-racer, what sanctions/cars you run

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 04:43 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 169 Posts
Question Thinking about getting out of formula and into a P-racer, what sanctions/cars you run

Just like it says- Formula is getting too much for me especially since I have PILES of porsche parts. Mostly 968 with some 930 and 951. I am staying away from the 930 racers since it will be the same or more expensinve.

So- what do you guys run, what sanction, what cars- motors and why? I do not believe the 968 or 944 is competitive in SCCA but I want to hear from you guys who run. I already have both an open and closed trailer and tow beast. All the tools too. I have a SCCA compititon liscense... or had now it's expired but not a problem.

I have been looking for a donor to make a racer but have not found the right one since I am mostly bidding on salvage or repo cars. I.E why I have so many parts. (will be selling a pile soon, need the room- shop deal fell through- another post long story)

What do you guys think? Cheers, Mike
Old 07-09-2010, 06:44 AM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know of at least 1 competitive 968 in SCCA ITR on the Northeast. I run mine in GTS2 at NASA and it is very competitive. Same goes for several other in the Mid-Ohio Region with at least 1 National Champion. GTS3 can also be a success but it takes much more $$$ to get a 968 in power to weight sweet spot.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:13 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 169 Posts

Thanks Pablo. I appreciate the replay. And the rest - please don't make me PM you all individualy- you know who you are..LOL... Cheers, Mike

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting out of formula and into a P-racer, what sanctions/cars you run