dillon410021
Race Car

Originally Posted by Gentleman Driver
SOLD

that's great to hear!
Old 06-28-2010 | 11:49 AM
Chubs_McFunn
Advanced

Hello, Ladies and Gents. I bought that car, and drove it home to NC. I had to swing by Deal's Gap on the way home, and I wasn't disappointed. I look forward to getting to know you all a little bit, and thanks in advance for all the help I'm going to need.
Old 06-28-2010 | 12:40 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Chubs, congrats on an excellent purchase.
Old 06-28-2010 | 01:49 PM
Buckaroo Banzi
Racer

Default Good find...

Originally Posted by Chubs_McFunn
Hello, Ladies and Gents. I bought that car, and drove it home to NC. I had to swing by Deal's Gap on the way home, and I wasn't disappointed. I look forward to getting to know you all a little bit, and thanks in advance for all the help I'm going to need.
Its a very nice car at a great price and it should give you a ton of smiles per miles

enjoy...

-BB
Old 06-28-2010 | 04:15 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Originally Posted by Chubs_McFunn
Nice, congrats! Were you already pursuing this car or did you find out about it from this topic?
Old 06-28-2010 | 05:26 PM
Chubs_McFunn
Advanced

I bought a house last year, so I got the 1st time home buyer tax credit of $8k. That plus a little money I was able to squirrel away put this car as well as others into my price range. I wanted to pay cash. I wanted something RWD that was sporty, but still could hold myself, a date (if that ever happens), and my bulldog, Winston Churchill. I saw the ad on autotrader.com, and had been considering pursuing the car for several weeks. I had my doubts about owning an "exotic" car, though. 2 weeks ago I met a man about a 330Ci, but he was hoping for a little more $ than I was willing to spend on his car. My great uncle is David White. He used to own/operate David White Racing out of Tampa, FL. I don't know if anyone is familiar with him, but he built/raced Porsche cars for lot of years. I spoke with him about the car, and it sounded like this car would work really well for my purposes (daily driver/fun). The car is in really good shape, but I've got a few things to do to get the car where I want it to be. I replaced the 16 year old alpine system that the original owner installed, so I can use my iPod in the car now. The 2 front seats are structurally sound, but aren't pretty. I'm going to get them recovered, and for my piece of mind I'm going to have the timing/balance belts and all the rollers replaced. There is a small oil leak on the front seal, which I'm going to have repaired at the same time. These maintenance items were heavily recommended by my uncle.

The former owner directed me to Rennlist.
Old 06-29-2010 | 04:53 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Congratulations and welcome to Rennlist! I hope you enjoy the car and I hope you never need technical help, but if you do, the knowledge here is immense.

Quick Reply: Good deal on 968 if anyone is looking