968 Forum 1992-1995

Comparison - SC kits?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 02:26 AM
mattipuh
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Comparison - SC kits?

I'd like to hear objective comparison discussion between 928 Motorsport and Speedforce racing's SC kits. I know that Speedforce racing is using IC, which would make it preferred to avoid detonation, and give more potential for little higher boost. 300-330hp off crank would be ideal, with increased torque. no need to go above that (yeah, i know it would be nice, but still, be reasonable!).

Any differences in SC's or other hardware used?
If I have understood right correct pressure + fuel map is critical here, and not going too high with intake pressures.

would be tempting to get either one of those, even though they cost abit. Has there been any comparison runs btw cars with both setups, on track or such?

most safe route would maybe be to put all goodies in with SC, then make custom software in dyno. add wideband lambda to have safety check while driving, to have realtime A/F-data available.
cheers,
.m
Old 05-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd start by reading the long thread Carl started about his kit; at some point some of the comparison points get mentioned.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:24 AM
mattipuh
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive been following it, and it surely has some info I'm looking for. Have to read it trough, surely.
Just wondered if there has been any actual comparison in performance and such. Other had IC and other not, also compresor seemed to be different, also differences wheter you can have A/C or not.

Didn't want to steal Carl's great thread. I'll read the thread trough and maybe get some more focused Q's meanwhile.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:35 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

It's a long thread!

I don't think it would be hard to add IC to a SC kit, if it's important to you. I know I would.

Quick Reply: Comparison - SC kits?