Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Orange 968 Coupe in TopGear 24hr race at Silverstone

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009 | 05:07 AM
Lali
Intermediate

The rules and regulations around overtaking on trackdays vary between the organiser, but generally you are only allowed to overtake on the straights before the braking zone and only with the consent of the car being overtaken. Generally displayed by them indicating right and moving off the line and backing off.

In reality, to$$ers in 911's think they f$%king own the race track and wont bother backing off and end up holding you up in the corners, If you take a look at my other Silverstone video you'll see a 997GT3RS handed its ****!

I had my car built from bare shell by EMC so I got to choose the colour... there was only one clour it could be!!.
It is the "sister" car to the Orange one, the only differences are that mine has the added bits to ensure that its road loegal, I run the same GAZ remote resevoir suspension , I think my spring rates are a bit lower than pauls, the car has a KAAZ diff and M030 ARB's and calipers.
Old 09-30-2009 | 05:47 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I saw that other video too, and I knew what was going to happen as soon as I realized that was a gt3... amazing to watch! Nice driving.
Old 09-30-2009 | 08:56 AM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Thanks for posting the pictures and video.
Old 09-30-2009 | 01:59 PM
Paz
Intermediate

I was sat in the passenger seat when the GT3 RS decided to hold us up, there was also a 3.2 Carrrera CS that tried in vain to hold Lali back. Needless to say it take him long to pass the 911's!

It never ceases to amaze me how planted a 968 is on the road & track . . . and to think I very nearly sold mine.

Sterling drive my man and thanks for a memorable days track action : )
Old 09-30-2009 | 03:17 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

I thought you had sold yours, glad to hear you are still amongst us
Old 10-09-2009 | 07:34 AM
frogisland
Advanced

You can follow progress of the orange car in this years season of the Porsche Club Championship. The car has undergone quite a transition from endurance racer to club sprint racer.

http://www.stocksports.co.uk/

Season now over after Silverstone last weekend. A few of us (myself, Dave and Mike) have been supporting Paul F and the Orange car; in essence, looking as though we know what we are doing with spanner in hand, taking wheels on and off to make us look busy and eating flapjacks all day long

Paul F is a great guy - it has been a pleasure supporting him, with the social side just as enjoyable as the racing (some may argue we put more effort into that side!). It appears a few people have been fortunate to drive the car on track, i too had my moment in it last year testing and then racing in the Porsche Open here in the UK. The driver changeover half way through was quite comical.....for the race i think we did get it down to less than a minute from what must have been at least 7 or 8 during testing!

JP
Old 10-09-2009 | 08:58 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Thanks JP for sharing the progress, awesome stuff.
Raj

Quick Reply: Orange 968 Coupe in TopGear 24hr race at Silverstone