Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Some Recent Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009 | 03:33 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ernie9468
All I can say is NICE & BEAUTYFULL love everything you did to it, now relax & enjoy.********
Thank you for the kind words and great advise .
Raj
Old 10-05-2009 | 03:35 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vette951s
Nice! Where did you source the Motorsports air snorkel [intermediate piece between the turbo air filter box and the NACA duct plenum] or did you fab one up?

John
John, its a Porsche Motorsports piece from germany. I have over the yrs changed most parts to original motorsports pieces.
Raj
Old 10-07-2009 | 01:35 AM
cporteus
4th Gear

Raj, I have a '95 Grand Prix White Coupe. Now I Know What My Car Will Look Like After I Install My Front Splitter, Turbo Inlets And Tubo S Wing. I Want To Convert The Engine To Turbo-Spec, I Was Thinking Of Using PowerHaus. Did You Or Anybody Have Any Dealings With Them? I Bought This Car Back In '02 From Sunset Porsche In Long Island With 38,000K On The Odemeter. It Now Has 75,000K On It But I Love This Car And I Think It's One Of The Greatest Looking Porsche Ever Built. With A Sticker Price Of $22,000.00 (PowerHaus) I Want To Know What To Expect.
Chris From Westchester New York, And Raj Where Did You Get The Euro Turn Signals? If You Remove The Bumperettes Will a Euro Style Indercator Fit Correctly?
Old 10-07-2009 | 02:03 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by cporteus
Raj, I have a '95 Grand Prix White Coupe. Now I Know What My Car Will Look Like After I Install My Front Splitter, Turbo Inlets And Tubo S Wing. I Want To Convert The Engine To Turbo-Spec, I Was Thinking Of Using PowerHaus. Did You Or Anybody Have Any Dealings With Them? I Bought This Car Back In '02 From Sunset Porsche In Long Island With 38,000K On The Odemeter. It Now Has 75,000K On It But I Love This Car And I Think It's One Of The Greatest Looking Porsche Ever Built. With A Sticker Price Of $22,000.00 (PowerHaus) I Want To Know What To Expect.
Chris From Westchester New York, And Raj Where Did You Get The Euro Turn Signals? If You Remove The Bumperettes Will a Euro Style Indercator Fit Correctly?
Schatz Motorsport sells the euro turn signal lenses, it takes ten minutes to swap them out. You may notice Raj's car has a wider mouth to let more air into the engine compartment, fyi.
Old 10-07-2009 | 05:50 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Just checking in to add my compliments. White is a really hot color in Europe these days, so you've already got a leg up there! Keep up the good work.
Old 10-07-2009 | 08:46 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Thanks Luis, appreciate the kind words.
Raj
Old 10-07-2009 | 08:51 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cporteus
Chris, nice to meet you. You might want to contact Miles from the boards. He posted on this thread earlier. He had his conversion performed at Powerhaus so he should be able to provide you good input. You might also want to consider Heritage Motorcars in FL. They also provide turn key conversions. As always, the final figures are always higher than what they quote so make sure you have all that sorted out ahead of time. Best bet is to talk to individuals that have actually had these conversions done.
Also, the conversion price will normally not include the body mods. We might be planning a fall run soon so see if you can join us and see the car for yourself.
Regards.
Raj
Old 10-07-2009 | 03:01 PM
Miles968
Rennlist Member

Last contact I had with David Raines, a few months back, he told me he is working more as a hobby now. I am not sure what that means?
Old 10-08-2009 | 12:22 AM
cporteus
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Chris, nice to meet you. You might want to contact Miles from the boards. He posted on this thread earlier. He had his conversion performed at Powerhaus so he should be able to provide you good input. You might also want to consider Heritage Motorcars in FL. They also provide turn key conversions. As always, the final figures are always higher than what they quote so make sure you have all that sorted out ahead of time. Best bet is to talk to individuals that have actually had these conversions done.
Also, the conversion price will normally not include the body mods. We might be planning a fall run soon so see if you can join us and see the car for yourself.
Regards.
Raj
Thank you Raj for all your help, If all the body work is complete I would love to come join in on that run.
Old 10-08-2009 | 12:43 AM
cporteus
4th Gear

Damian thank you for the Schatz Motorsport link, I did notice that Raj's car has that wider mouth. I understand deutsch nine is developing a dedicated clear signal....still waiting
Old 10-08-2009 | 01:10 AM
cporteus
4th Gear

Hi Miles, I understand you used PowerHaus for your conversion. I would like to know how your experience went with PowerHaus. How is the reliability of the engine? It was funny I purchased wheeles off a website and have recieved an e-mail from David Raines shortly after stating he could turbo charge my 968 in two weeks time for $22,000
Old 10-08-2009 | 07:44 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

RAJ - sorry I missed this until today, too cool !!!!!! The job is killing me but hey it pays well. Proud post dude... enjoy

Cheers, Mike
Old 10-08-2009 | 08:17 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Thanks Mike. BTW, I left you a VM a few days back.
Raj
Old 10-21-2013 | 08:56 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Resurrecting an old thread with pics I promised.

Old 10-21-2013 | 11:28 PM
dougs968
OkRider
Rennlist Member

Raj, your cab is too cool! Love those wheels also!

Quick Reply: Some Recent Pictures