Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

The most expensive car you've ever driven?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 02:19 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Rob, the 312PB may be my favorite Ferrari; the list of drivers was totally amazing, it was basically a two seat F1 car-but have you driven it?
Incredible cars, to say the least. And yes, I drove my friend's car a few times. Brilliant sounding!

Originally Posted by savvas944
hI ROLEX,

THE 312PB, was really fantastic racer, although the estimated value at 4,000,000 usd would be very optimistic to say the least.

However all cars in the Museum , do belong to Ferrari EXCEPT a very fine collection belonging to a Mr. Bernie Ecclestone , which was shown for the first time in Bahrain during the F1 RACE , last month. i am aware of an auction at the Ferrari museum which is sceduled very soon.Is the car you are talking about be auctioned?
I will disagree on the value, sorry. You need to remember this is a one-off. You cant benchmark it against those cars. Nothing else like it in the world. Back in 1989 at the height of the F-car market, a Swiss investor offered him $6 million, and yes I was there. And several times he thought about the private aution, but elected not to do it. He's owned it now for over 30 years? He wasn't looking to sell it, but in the past few years thats changed. And yes, I have been to Maranello a few times, I'm truly an F-car guy, not really a Porsche.

And God, if I dont know who Bernie is, I better go back to my elementary F1 books. Take a look at my signature, I was a racer at one point, but not interrnational, although I did test with the Mercedez team and their prototypes at Paul Ricard in France.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Bernie Eccelstone owns 1/2 of F1 and is one of the richest people in the world.
Raj
Old 05-08-2009, 01:09 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is worth zillionsssssssss.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:28 AM
savvas944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Rolex, as it happens i do know who Bernie is.
i have been the facilities director for the F1 circuit ,in Bahrain for the last 4 years ,and we just facilitate the show of his collection
at the recent GP here.i met him few times over the past 7 years.
you are right you cannot benchmark these cars until one has been actually sold.and then you
have the bench mark price, wouldnt you aggree?A speculative price which is unregistered, should not be considered a price until it is actually registered ,in my opinion.

We bought a FERRARI 250 GTO official replica for 400,000 pounds at an auction 5 months ago , which was estimated for over 750,000.the bench mark is 400,000 not 750,000.

Quick Reply: The most expensive car you've ever driven?