968 Forum 1992-1995

968 Event - PCA parade in CO

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:54 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 128 Posts
Default 968 Event - PCA parade in CO

Fellow 968er Chris Lennon is working hard to put a 968 event together in conjunction with the PCA Parade in Colorado. Talk about a fun run with a view. The details are below. Contact Chris if interested. This information will also be available on the 968 register web site.
Thanks
Jeff

As some of you already know, I'm the Prez of one of the two host regions for 2009's Porsche Parade, to be held at Keystone Resort, in the mountains of Colorado. Having run many 968 Gatherings in the past, I plan to host one in conjunction with Parade, which runs from June 29th to July 4th, 2009. It's always a blast getting together with the 968 community!

Check out http://www.porscheparade2009.com/default.aspx for all the details about Parade itself. If you haven't been to a Parade before, it's the biggest annual gathering of Porsches in the world (typically over 1000 cars), with all kinds of fun activities.

I plan to organize a "968 Only Dinner" on Tuesday, June 30th, following the Concours. As Chair of both the Golf Tournament (scheduled for Wednesday) and Tours (see http://www.porscheparade2009.com/event.aspx#tours), it would be great to get our 968 gang out to those events as well. We have some of the best Porsche roads in the country, and have organized many driving tours to showcase them. I will personally lead the July 4th tour through Rocky Mountain National Park, and have a group of great sub-chairs leading the other tours.

Registration opens on March 3rd. We do expect Parade to sell out, but all registrations on March 3-5 are considered equal.

To get an idea of interest in this, please send a note to me at cjlennon@comcast.net. When you register for Parade and have confirmed you'll be bringing your 968, please let me know that as well, and I'll assemble a final list of 968 Gathering attendees and get you on the mailing list for the 968 Gathering.

If you have any questions, just let me know. It should be a great event. We've been working on this for five years already and can't wait for summer 2009!

Quick Reply: 968 Event - PCA parade in CO